Field Application Engineer- Embedded
Job Summary of Field Application Engineer- Embedded
Our client, a developer of cutting-edge tools for aerospace embedded systems, is looking for a Field Application Engineer- Embedded to join their team. In this position, you will be involved in a large variety of specialist customer-facing software engineering tasks including:
- Integrating software into customers' complex, embedded systems
- Working on multicore aerospace platforms
- Reviewing and designing software
- Helping customers to get the best from their software
- Supporting new sales through demonstrations and technical evaluations of software
Though this is an FAE position, it doesn't have significant travel (25% max) and the company offers multiple paths for growth in the future. It's a high-visibility position working on innovative new technologies.
Reponsibilities of Field Application Engineer- Embedded
- Providing expert integration services, consultancy and training for high profile customers.
- Influencing product development by identifying customer needs and helping to translate these needs into commercial tools
- Technical pre-sales - helping customers understand the benefits of company technology, providing demonstrations and proof of concept work
- Software development and maintenance
- Helping customers to use the company's tools, by visiting them and offering prompt, accurate and positive responses to customer support requests
- Working on the wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems regularly encountered on customer sites
Qualifications of Field Application Engineer- Embedded
- BS degree in Computer Science or related disciplines and 2+ years of experience in a software field
- A strong background with experience in real-time / embedded, or other safety-critical, software
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer facing work
- Ability to be organized under pressure, work independently and manage your workload
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Experience with a variety of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with aerospace and/or automotive applications
- Familiarity with any of DO-178C, ARINC-653, DO-330 or related standards
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $110,000-130,000/year.
Location: Novi, MIType: DirectTravel: 25% max
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review Visa Sponsorship: No visa sponsorship available. US Citizens only.