Product Assurance Engineer - Automotive Electronics
Job Summary of Product Assurance Engineer
Our client, a global leader in the the development of cutting-edge safety and active driving technologies, is looking for a Product Assurance Engineer to do board-level validation of current production systems. In this position, you will lead and take part in Product Assurance activities for assigned products within the team. They will ensure that these products meet customer and internal/external functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, Design Validation (DV) and Process Validation (PV) testing.
This position will allow you to work on innovative technologies that save lives with a company that offers long-term stability and multiple potential growth paths for the future.
Responsibilities of Product Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for identifying, developing, planning, and implementing validation procedures and tests for electronic safety system modules.
- Comprehend OEM specifications & Industry Standard test requirements, including environmental, robustness, EMC and other tests, as required.
- Review validation plans with internal and external customer (OEM), get required approvals. Lead team validation activities to meet key deadlines and priority goals. Analyze and report on test/product results and generate test reports to both internal and external teams, as needed.
- Schedule internal and external test labs for planned DV/PVs.
- Develop & release product test specification for manufacturing plants.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand product functions and identify root cause of any failures, participate/lead in relevant 8D reviews, and implement corrective actions for identified issues.
- Summarize data and present to customers, as needed.
- Maintain required documentation, such as test specifications, test flows, timing plans, ADVP&R, and summary reports through all validation activities. Track and report validation progress throughout the DV/PV.
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements.
- Work with Test Systems Team & outside suppliers to develop requirements and implement Product Performance Testers & Powered Load Units.
- Responsible for leading and implementing assigned Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Lead cross functional team to implement assigned product changes according to companies standard process.
- Ensure update to associated product specifications, BOM content, part numbers, and required documents, based on ECR needs, with input from Engineering and Operations stakeholders.
Qualifications of Product Assurance Engineer
- BSEE with 2+ years of experience in board-level hardware validation.
- Experience with CAN, its failure nodes, and good understanding of how changes effect the hardware.
- Hands-On experience troubleshooting UUTs & Product Testers using 8D/quality related analysis tools.
- Familiarity with Quality Standards such as AIAG, ISO/IEC, IATF, APQP preferred
- Ability to multitask, ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Compensation of Serial Maintenance Product Assurance EngineerSalary Range: $85,000-110,000/year, plus bonus and benefitsLocation: Southfield, MIType: DirectTravel: MinimalRelocation Assistance: Subject to reviewVisa Sponsorship: H1B transfers and TN visa sponsorship available