Send this job to your inbox!
Our client is a leading family-owned German injection molding company which manufactures components and tools for the automotive industry.
With 120 employees in the US and a global presence of 7 locations with 1,300 employees, they are consistent with investment in research and development and creating the conditions required to meet the expanding needs of its customers.
The Purchasing Manager will be based at the plant near Richmond, VA.
Relocation support is available as well as corporate housing if preferred.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with Purchasing activities working with an automotive manufacturer, preferably injection molding.
In addition, he/she will be the SAP Key User to support all Supply Chain and Production activities.
(Reports to SCM)
· Support and first contact for SAP end users in logistics, proactive service to all employees in company.
· Purchasing & Procurement of supplies, materials, and goods for our injection molding production plant at the optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining lowest possible inventory levels.
· Implements and follows purchasing control procedures and sequences of operations within the department to optimize workflow.
· Collaborate with global purchasing and local material planners.
· Enforce the company terms of purchasing.
· Interacts with personnel from other departments to maintain continual accounting of inventory levels. Supports all other departments in topics of purchasing.
· Monitoring of all purchase parts to optimize inventory levels and value.
· Interfaces with vendors regarding supply and warehousing issues.
· Negotiations of prices and frame contacts.
· Update / implement supplier handbook & requirements.
· Implements and follows all purchasing and inventory control procedures and sequence of operations within the department to optimize workflow.
· Reviews market, price, delivery conditions, and trends to determine present and future material availability.
· Abides by dollar authorization limits establish by the department manager.
· Tracks disposal of surplus material or scrap products.
· Maintaining of material master in SAP.
· Processes purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
· Reviews weekly inventory trends and discusses variations that arise in delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sales.
· Supplier management.
· Price negotiations with existing suppliers.
· Negotiate consignment options.
· Support supply chain management in transportation rate negotiations.
· Implement new strategic suppliers.
· Lead cost savings initiatives
· Interaction with IT department and external SAP consulting company to implement best practice solutions.
· Extensive experience in purchasing in manufacturing environment, preferable automotive.
· 4-year College Degree
· Experience with SAP R/3 and or S/4 Hana
· SAP Module experience: 1. S&D; 2. MM-PUR; 3. PP; 4. WM
· Excellent Negotiation skills
· MS Office proficiency
· Travel nationally and internationally if applicable.
· Experience with shipping, receiving, and warehousing is desirable
· German Language skills
· Excellent Organizational and Communication skills