Send this job to your inbox!
Location: Minneapolis, MN
• Participate as a STRUCTURAL MODELER in a variety of large and small whole building and building component projects that range across most market sectors, building occupancies, and material types throughout the US. You will support a Lead Modeler on project teams to produce structural contract documents using Revit Structure from project conception through design and construction that effectively communicates the design intent.
• Maintain quality control of model content as model develops through various design phases; incorporating and coordinating design information into plans, details, and schedules.
• Adhere to drafting/modeling standards and communicate them to the project team.
• Be accountable to the project team for the integrity of the structural information communicated on the construction documents.
• Academics: Certificate in Revit training from a recognized 2-year junior college or technical institute.
• Experience: 0-5 years in the A/E industry and using Revit; Proficiency with the latest version of Revit.
• Experience with creating custom families, model components, and detail components.
• Experience with interoperability between Revit and other analysis software.
• A bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or related field is a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of structural systems, construction details, and procedures.
• Ability to work with the design team to anticipate, identify, and resolve problems.
• Proficiency in modeling, detailing, and parametric scheduling, as required to produce a complete set of contract documents.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, and to set priorities to manage competing demands for multiple project deadlines.
• Excellent graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Focused on a professional career of excellence and seeking a long-term commitment to growth of the individual and the firm.
• Ambition to participate and engage with industry groups.
• Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications, including health, dental, disability, flex-benefits, 401k, continuing education, flexible schedule, travel pay, etc.
• Flexibility to shape your career path and grow with the firm.
• Ability to work with stimulating colleagues on a daily basis in an environment that is challenging, fun and promotes individual growth, teamwork, and creativity.