Send this job to your inbox!
View Point Health
Job Title: Care Coordinator (Connections Coordinator)
Job Code: Job Code: SST012/Social Services Tech 3
Shift: Shift: Full-Time (40 hours per week on average
Job Hours: Times May Vary
Base Location: Lawrenceville, GA.
Division/Department/Program: Case Management Entity (CME)
***Staff selected for this position will be working on-site in one of Children's Healthcare's emergency departments at Hughes Spalding Hospital, Egleston Hospital, or Scottish Rite Hospital.***
View Point Health has partnered with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and we are excited to announce we are in search of Care Coordinators/Connections Coordinators that will support CHoA's Emergency Care department staff with assisting youth presenting with behavioral health crisis, connecting the youth and their families to community resources and therapeutic services based on needs.
CCs are part of a program initiative that focuses on provision of intensive service coordination and family support resources with the goal of enhancing the family’s well-being by connecting them to resources in their community and promoting self-advocacy.
Under broad supervision, Care Coordinators/Connections Coordinators will provide a broad range of social services to patients/clients/consumers and their families. Conducts patient/client/consumer intakes, participates in treatment team planning, and performs crisis intervention. Assists in dealing with personal and social problems. May provide supportive counseling to consumers and families and/or serve as a liaison for social services. May perform case management duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides support to consumers and family members during the emergency room visit. Gathers pertinent demographic and clinical information about consumers from Children’s staff for development of client
profiles. Interviews consumer and family members to assess youth’s level
of need and secure information necessary for identifying appropriate services. Provides information on and referrals to local services and informs the family of intake procedures. Conducts follow-up contact with consumers to ensure connections to services were made.
· Develops and maintains a network of community contacts. Facilitates referrals and linkages to community services to assure a continuum of services. Serves as liaison to local human services agencies, community resources, and insurers. Collaborates with formal system agencies, service providers, and networks involved with youth and families in order to streamline connections and referrals.
· Writes concise, accurate and clear observation notes for the consumer record that document needs and interaction with consumers in a timely manner.
Maintains all required information in each consumer’s file. Manages follow-up documentation and completes documentation for discharging consumers from VPH connections-coordination services.
· Notifies Children’s staff of any unusual incidents or observations. Notifies CC supervisor of concerns or to brainstorm program needs. Participates in periodic team meetings with VPH and Children’s staff to provide input regarding workflow, issues, successes, and overall program improvement.
· Interacts with internal and external consumers positively, reassuringly, and respectfully.
Bachelor's degree in a social service-related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience in a social service related field OR High school diploma or GED AND Three years of experience in a social services related position OR One year of experience at the lower level Social Svcs Tech 2 (SST011) or position equivalent.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two (2) years of professional experience in a human services field Knowledge of community resources
· Case Management and Crisis Intervention experience
· Comfortable, engaging with a complete range of consumers in an emergency department setting, and overall flexibility as to work environment, consumer acuity, and needs of individuals/persons served.
· Energetic, compassionate, and resourceful.
· Sensitive and knowledgeable to issues related to homelessness, mental illness, substance use, poverty, and social marginalization.
· High level of oral, written, and technical communication
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills, and creative problem-solving ability
· Capability to effectively work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Knowledge and understanding of (or ability to quickly develop) wide array of resources across Georgia available to individuals served.
· Knowledge and understanding of (or ability to quickly develop) VPH, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and DBHDD policies and procedures.
· Flexible with regards to hours worked, including some Saturdays
· Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
· Requires long periods of sitting/standing.
· Must be 21 years old.
· Must have valid Georgia driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Record in accordance with company policy.
· Candidates for selection must pass a criminal background check (including fingerprinting).
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and subject to random drug screens.
· Any combination of training and experience that would have enabled the applicant to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Note: Some positions may require a valid driver's license.
Benefits (for qualified employees):
· State Health Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, long-term care, legal services, flexible spending accounts)
· Paid New Hire Training
· Company contributes additional 7.5% of salary to 401(a) Retirement Plan
· No employee deduction for Social Security
· Additional benefits such as legal services, Employee Assistance Program and discounted tickets to attractions, shopping, technology, and travel
· Supervision, training, and continuing education opportunities available
View Point Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer: View Point Health recruits qualified candidates for positions in View Point Health programs throughout its service area. It is the policy of View Point Health to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.