Lead Truss Designer
Provide estimate, designs, and layout for our outside sales team and customers using Alpine, Mitek, Javelin and or Forte software. Creating production drawing and files for our manufacturing plant.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The nature of this position is to have a residential construction background with an emphasis in architectural blueprints and AutoCAD knowledge. Desired experience includes the creation of truss designs from customer plans and specifications and the ability to maintain engineering schedules to support production.
ESSENTIALS JOB FUNCTIONS:
• General knowledge of construction industry
• Knowledge of floor and roof truss design and layout
• Alpine, Mitek, Javelin and or Forte software experience required
• Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
• Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building
• Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company
• Good written and oral communication skills are required
• Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, sales representatives, and construction personnel
• Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basictrigonometry
• Exposure to EWP software is a plus. Javelin and/or Forte
• Completing design work assigned by the Design Manager.
• Perform truss designs, layouts, placement plans and size beams with provided software.
• Reading and interpreting blueprints, architectural and structural drawing
• Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to building standards
• Generate Floor and Roof truss placement layouts for production and final construction
• Provide accurate pricing for estimating purposes
• Provide job-site support, with the aid of sales department, when requested
• Request sealed engineering drawings and/or repair details and follow-up to ensure complete
• Offer alternatives and solutions as problems arise in the field or as plan changes are made
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
• Paid holidays / Vacation
• 401k plans
• Medical / Eye / dental insurance
• Full Time: Monday – Friday (Hourly position with incentive bonuses)
• Estimated: $100,000 – 70,000 a year (Base on experience)