We have been engaged to find a Senior Food Scientist with hands-on experience leading manufacturing and emulsification processes. Current or prior experience in short life-cycle product development and commercialization with a strong business acumen is preferred.
You will plan, organize, and execute technical projects. In this role you will also provide technical leadership and participate in product development/reformulation from concept to commercialization. A critical part of this role is your support for other development projects, operations and related activities.
Senior Food Scientist overview:
- Responsible for the development of new products based on interaction/direction from Sales and Marketing and formula revisions of existing products.
- Interaction with internal departments and outside vendors as projects dictate.
- Participates in all aspects of the scale-up process; pre-production notes, hands-on supervision of plant trials, shelf-life evaluations, and coordination of product data to QC.
Senior Food Scientist qualifications include:
- BS Degree in Food Science is ideal
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in R&D and product development
- Knowledge of the emulsification process a plus
- New product development experience within food manufacturing having participated in scale up process
- Able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment where speed to market with high-quality is key to success
- Excellent communication skills, presentation, and report writing
Industry: Food Science, Food Production, Food Manufacturing, Emulsification, R&D
Must have new product development experience within food manufacturing having participated in scale up process.
Must have a food science degree
Must be able to work in a fast turn around environment....this is not a long life cycle product development.
Knowledge of the emulsification process a huge plus