Send this job to your inbox!
The Facility Manager provides direction and facility over-sight for the production department and facility maintenance functions. This position is responsible for managing, allocating resources considering internal and external customer requirements and overall business objectives.
• Manage, direct and supervise appropriate teams to ensure the proper functioning of the manufacturing plant.
• Coordinate necessary repairs and inventory/order parts as needed.
• Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols.
• Communicate with management team and employees on the floor for a consistent and broad view of manufacturing needs.
• Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness as standard work for all plant personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Functional Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Confronting Direct Reports: Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
• Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
• Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
• Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
• Education: College degree preferred. Engineering degree desired.
• Experience: 5+ years’ experience working as a leader in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication/verbal skills and written skills.
• Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
• Must be customer-focused and be able to work in a production team environment with experience in repetitive and
highly engineered products.
• Travel: None.
• Prerequisite Positions: Maintenance Coordinator
• Potential Growth Opportunities: Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
Here at Pedagog we pride ourselves on connecting talented individuals with reputable employers across a wide range of industries.
We are excited to have you as a candidate and are looking forward to helping you find the perfect job opportunity.
Get notified about new listings!
Can't find the job you want?Submit a general application