Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. This company is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.This position can be located in: Phoenix, AZ or Fargo, ND or Sioux Falls, SD or Denver, CO or Bismarck, ND or Minot, ND or Rapid City, SD
The Strategic Product Manager - Process Automation works with other Product Managers, Account Managers, Customer Service Reps, and customers to achieve strategic growth across the entire product line with a focus on delivery of process automation or DCS solutions. Supports the day-to-day operations by providing product, application, and technical support and service. Regularly calls on customer accounts and makes joint sales calls with Account Managers to secure orders and perform other sales support functions for technical products and services, by providing customers field support, application support, training, and other services as required. Consults with customers on product and system applications to develop an optimal solution. Provides customers with timely follow-up on quotations, technical inquiries and other requests.
- Works closely with company’s sales and marketing staff to meet and exceed sales and gross profit objectives.
- Regularly calls-on customer accounts and makes joint sales calls with Account Managers to secure orders and perform other sales support functions for technical products and services, by providing customers field support, application support, training, and other services as required.
- Consults with customers on product and system applications.
- Provides customers with timely follow-up on quotations, technical inquiries and other requests.
- Provides continuous contact and interaction with customer’s engineering staff, contractors and consultants.
- Provides specific or specialized product support for branches and customers.
- Actively participates in the marketing, planning, and sale of the company’s technical products and services.
- Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Owns the development and execution of the strategic sales and marketing plan for the defined scope of responsibility.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, competition, procedures, and market potential.
- Evaluates new products and makes recommendations on stock levels for new and existing products.
- Provides input to the pricing and purchasing departments on product evaluations and code descriptions, inventory management, pricing developments, and other related functions.
- Leads customer and employee training on new and existing technical product lines and applications in specified product areas.
- Works with associated manufacturing agents/vendors as a liaison on all strategic issues related to planning, marketing, new products, launch and training.
- Other Functions
- Evaluates demo equipment and makes suggestions for new products in specified product areas.
- Ensures existing demos are in functional condition.
- Performs product updates and new product launches for branches and customers as required.
- Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Prefer the knowledge and technical competence in understanding process automation applications and DCS solutions.
- Experience in the design, installation, deployment, or sale of industrial DCS or process automation solutions preferred.
- Experience with process automation applications in the bio-fuel, food and beverage, water/wastewater, oil & gas, refining, or pharmaceutical markets a plus.
- Minimum of a four-year technical or engineering degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prefer the knowledge and technical competence in understanding electrical and hi-tech industrial products and applications including industrial automation software, hardware, and services.
- Minimum of four-years of prior customer service, marketing, quotation or sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of three-years of prior electrical distribution and quotations experience preferred with a comprehensive knowledge of product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
- Strategic and collaborative mindset focused on delivering the best possible outcome for all stakeholders.
- Travel will be between 60% - 70% the first year and will lessen as customer relationships are established.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.