$65,000 - $80,000 / yr
Send this job to your inbox!
Job Title: Biomedical Service Technician
Department: Field Services
Reports To: Service Department Managers & Operations Director
Approved By: Jim Kane, President
Approved Date: January 2023
Position is full-time & salaried, with an expectation of no less than 40 hours/week. Position will transition to 100% remote work after the initial in-training period.
Summary: Biomedical service technicians install, service, maintain and repair biomedical systems and equipment. Emphasis on deployable medical equipment, i.e., laboratory, clinical, dental, therapeutic, pneumatic, hydraulic, general, surgical, diagnostic and treatment equipment at the module or circuit board level. Technicians maintain, repair and install equipment of the following types: mechanical, electrical, diagnostic, controlling, monitoring and recording.
· Assemble, maintain, troubleshoot, align, and calibrate medical equipment.
· Able to work with steam & water systems, soldering, plumbing, and welding.
· Able to read circuit diagrams and wiring schematics, working knowledge of electrical systems.
· Supervise and conduct preventive maintenance programs.
· Manage repair parts, maintain inventories, order replacement parts and equipment.
· Render technical advice and assistance as required.
· Provides customers and end users with product and technical support.
· Provides technical service/mechanical troubleshooting of equipment.
· Accurately document work conducted, and log times and materials for services.
· Develops and tests machinery and equipment under the direction of service department manager.
· Must be able to work with and communicate with technical experts, healthcare professionals/managers, and OEM representatives.
· Must be willing to travel to perform on-site repairs, occasional overnight/multiday visits possible.
· Must be self-directed and able to exercise sound judgment and problem solving with minimal guidance, oversight or direct management.
· Able to promptly respond to customer inquiries and needs, both on-the-job and remotely.
· Communicates with customers to help them understand how to use, maintain and troubleshoot their products and devices properly.
· Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
· Solves problems, documents procedures and repair plans.
Education and Experience: Certificate(s) from trade/technical school or similar programs (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, biomedical, etc.). 3-4 years of work experience in biomedical/clinical/dental technical fields preferred. BMET, CBET, BIET, CETa/CET, and/or biomedical device OEM repair and service certifications preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current drivers license valid for the state of residence is required. BMET, CBET, BIET, CETa/CET, and/or biomedical device OEM repair and service certifications preferred.
Specific Work-in-Focus Concentrations: Any experience servicing, repairing, maintaining, installing or otherwise performing work on industrial grade steam sterilization or bulk washer systems is preferred.
General Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
General Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving parts, cold, heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Necessary safety equipment
· Initial on-the-job training period of no less than 6 weeks to be provided by the hiring company. Employees will be fully salaried during this training period.
· Following training period, work will be 100% remote (dispatched from home via digital notification and/or phone call)
· Company will provide computer and field service tablet for remote work.
· Company will provide monthly stiped to offset cell phone bill for work-related calls.
· Company will provide a full set of necessary tools and equipment.
· Company will provide job-by-job mileage payments for use of personally owned vehicle.
Create a Job Alert
Get notified about new listings!
Submit a Resume
Can't find the job you want?Submit a general application!
Temp to Hire
Powered by Top Echelon Software |