Send this job to your inbox!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Engineer to work with multi-disciplinary teams on State, Local Government, and private projects, primarily in the transportation arena.
Bridge Engineers play an essential role in the design and construction of successful, high quality bridge projects across Minnesota. They perform intricate calculations, sophisticated designs, and important construction and safety inspections for bridges.
Responsibilities may include:
· Bridge and hydraulic design
· Preparation of plans, drawings, and specifications for bridge construction or repair
· Performing load ratings and other calculations
· Construction and safety inspections
· Conducting site evaluations and surveys
· Communication and collaboration
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
· A work hard, play hard, innovative attitude
· A desire to grow within the company
· Willingness to collaborate in a team environment in the office and field
· Experience in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
· Understanding of structural analysis and bridge design software
· Experience performing bridge inspections and evaluations
· 2+ years of experience performing similar responsibilities
· B.S. in Civil Engineering (or related field) with an Engineer in Training (EIT)
· Knowledge of CADD software, preferably MicroStation
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills