Send this job to your inbox!
Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the development, support, and improvement efforts of our partner suppliers. In this role he/she is responsible for assuring that each supplier has the processes and manufacturing skills to produce a quality part to support the outsourcing group. He/she is responsible for verifying quality workmanship, reviewing quality documents submitted to company, and resolving any discrepancies or defects that may develop during the manufacturing process. Discrepancies and learning opportunities will be collaboratively translated into problem prevention and continuous improvement within the supplier. This role will also be responsible for auditing current suppliers on a regular basis as well as any new supplier that is being considered for being added to company's approved supplier list.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with internal Quality, Purchasing, Sales and the supplier to resolve any discrepancies noted from the supplier and seek a disposition of the non-conforming material. Ability to interpret blueprints, solid models, inspection reports is essential. Exposure to basic metrology and advanced inspection tools (CMM, Romer, Laser) highly preferred.
· Participate and lead structured problem-solving events; Ability to lead and / or work with a cross functional teams, to identify root cause and develop and implement positive corrective action or continuous improvement efforts. These events may be both internal and external.
· Work with the supplier and internal SME’s to develop quality control and inspection plans for identified high risk orders/products. Build and maintain first article, PPAP, or APQP process for supply base.
· Roll out customer requirements into supply base. Communicate and provide training to suppliers regarding execution of procedures and interpretation of specifications/drawings as they apply to the technical manufacturing, test and inspection requirements invoked by customers.
· Identify suppliers that have reached a quality or delivery that is unacceptable or have had a quality issue rising to the level of very significant and issue a formal supplier corrective action request (SCAR). Upon completion of a SCAR, they must monitor each request for signs of improvement and to assure that they are making progress toward improvement.
· Monitor the supplier metrics for quality and delivery and work with the suppliers for continuous improvement. Work with each supplier to assure that they maintain a quality and delivery level that meets or exceeds goals and objectives.
· Travel to and perform audits of current and potential suppliers, both by visiting the web site as well as meeting with each supplier on site. These visits could result in international travel and a valid US passport is a requirement. During these visits a formal report showing details of each supplier visit shall be submitted to the Director of Supply Chain and Corporate Quality Assurance Manager.
· Review and verify supplier inspection reports in a timely manner to verify that all material is in full compliance with specifications and Quality Management Systems, as spelled out on the Purchase Order and the drawing. Communicate to buyer and supplier the results of the review.
· Supplier qualification and maintenance: Strategically identify and develop new supply sources (domestic and international), ensuring technical capability, quality and product standards are achieved. Work with the buyers for what processes are required.
· Conduct supplier reviews and layout recovery plans when required. Provide timely information to Sales, Production Control and Manufacturing on purchase order status and customer inquiries.
· Establish and maintain quality performance metrics for the effectiveness of each supplier and the overall supply chain. Minimize risk to company Customers with quality problems impacts from the supply chain.
· Provide technical support to internal resources regarding supplier’s capabilities and quality.
· This individual will also provide leadership and support for Corrective Action program.
· Ability to work in cross functional teams with suppliers, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering is essential.
· Educate and training of fellow employee owners in quality, procurement and supply chain methodologies and tools.
· Lead Auditor – support SF auditing program by performing duties of lead auditor for both internal
Get notified about new listings!
Can't find the job you want?Submit a general application