Send this job to your inbox!
The role requires a master level Asset Care & Reliability practitioner who utilizes a broad knowledge base to provide direction in the development and implementation of tactical and strategic objectives that ensure standardization and compliance across the company
The Director of Asset Care and Reliability leads the implementation and execution of the organization’s reliability strategy. In collaboration with senior manufacturing leaders, they will create the company strategy for maintenance and reliability as well as oversee its performance. This role will lead efforts to transition facilities to our defined maintenance standards as well as develop maintenance programs for newly constructed facilities. Additionally, they will lead initiatives as needed to change company reliability culture and establish standardized process and practices. The Director of Asset Care and Reliability will work across multiple facilities with their leadership to ensure successful implementation of the strategy and support improvement initiative and prioritize efforts.
The Director of Asset Care and Reliability is a key leader in building and leading change in the organization. They drive reliability improvement and are responsible for championing the continued move from reactive to proactive maintenance. This role will utilize and individual’s knowledge and experience to optimize the company's maintenance and reliability processes and strategies. Additionally, lead implementation, acceptance and adoption of enterprise computerized maintenance management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Director of Asset Care & Reliability is accountable for developing & leading a standardized approach for reliability and maintenance operational excellence across the Company.
· This role is responsible for partnering with Plants Leadership and Maintenance Departments to establish a continuous improvement culture in Operational Asset Care leading to improvement in Company plants reliability
· This is a critical role with oversight for the implementation of world-class maintenance excellence strategies to optimize equipment efficiency while improving costs
· This role will oversee the reliability maintenance systems for the plants and assets by creating & deploying standard procedures, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators
· The role encompasses the total lifecycle management of assets, including design, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance, and replacement, and will require close collaboration with partners in Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance
· Cooperate with Plants Leadership, drive and improve the strategy for the approach to Asset Care and Reliability supporting the Maintenance Departments for ultimate success
· Develop and monitor multi-year improvement plan, by plant, based on formal assessments of current state, prioritized by company strategic priorities
· Ensure deployment and adoption of the Asset Care Strategy to all plants, paying attention to maturity and needs at each plant
· Support the Maintenance Departments where needed, to drive towards a standardized, institutionalized and continually improving program at each plant in the company
· Drive the Maintenance World Class Standardization including CMMS, Tools and Workshops, Parts rooms, etc.
· Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness, and efficiency
· Support productivity improvement where needed (i.e., procedures, standard work, SMED/changeover, downtime, autonomous maintenance, etc.) and lead / participate in and facilitate FMEA root cause analysis
· This role will partner with Maintenance Departments to execute the methodologies and tools of Preventive maintenance program
· Process ownership of consolidated plants maintenance review, Departments collaboration meetings, and KPI performance opportunities
· Evaluate alternative scenarios reflecting maintenance improvements, operating conditions, and application of technology advances.
· Lead and oversee the development, deployment, and adherence of standard practices for Work Order Management, MRO and Reliability resulting in Eff. and cost improvements, and delivers sustainable performance
· Monitor Repair and Maintenance spending and collaborate with the Plants Leadership and Maintenance Departments to optimize maintenance plans, long term equipment replacement plans and spare part sourcing strategies
· Develop and align with Engineering leadership on asset care life cycle approach and requirements for all new asset investments
· Responsible to evaluate and recommend plant capital expenditures and projects, frame up cost benefits, ensure Reliability design factors are incorporated, and review results upon completion
· This position is responsible for developing the strategy and approach to drive asset performance to world class levels
· Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA) in Engineering or related field preferred; 10+ years of cross-functional manufacturing experience with a strong understanding of continuous, high velocity operations and Asset Care and Reliability programs
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to effect change throughout an organization by leading through others
· Demonstrated program management skills with ability to deliver results across multi-site manufacturing operations
· Excellent leadership skills, integrity and trust, compelling communication skills, and the ability to inspire, engage and motivate
· Strong analytical skills and business acumen
· Ability to successfully work in a cross functional environment
· Experience with leading / executing the elements Asset Care & Reliability and organizational learning and development.
· Working knowledge in concepts of Reliability, Predictive Maintenance, MRO management, OSHA equipment and facilities requirements, FMEA and risk analysis
· Strong analytical skills and hands on knowledge is a must
· Knowledge and previous experience in improving organizational capability through learning and development programs, and/or High-Performance Work Systems
· Self-starter and driven to develop maintenance systems optimization
Get notified about new listings!
Can't find the job you want?Submit a general application