The R&D Packaging Manager North America supports business objectives through delivery of packaging innovations in collaboration with partner functions and leveraging the external ecosystem.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an individual contributor role.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead multiple projects for the North America business unit with varied levels of complexity and confidently. Represent R&D Packaging in key internal meetings to provide subject matter expertise for decision making.
- Engagement with partner functions and stakeholders in R&D, Marketing and Supply Chain to define clear objectives, prioritization and resource planning.
- Be brand savvy and consumer obsessed in leveraging new technologies to elevate user experience through innovative and sustainable packaging solutions.
- Collaborate with external partners (suppliers, academia) to develop best in class innovation for the brands, and drive awareness of competitor packaging activities to identify improvements and innovation opportunities for North America business.
- Continually develop knowledge in new areas of packaging and look for innovative and better ways of working by eliminating non-value-added activities and improve efficiency.
- Continually develop and leverage knowledge in sustainability trends, recycling technologies and local/national/regional recyclability regulations.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:·
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Packaging, Chemical or Mechanical), or Science (Material Science, Polymer Chemistry or related fields)
- 7 + years of relevant R&D packaging experience in FMCG or Pharmaceuticals
- Experienced in collaborating with partner functions in R&D, Marketing and Supply Chain on the requirements of packaging development and related processes
- Experienced in leading end-to-end complex projects for local or global consumer brands
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Packaging, Chemical or Mechanical), or Science (Material Science, Polymer Chemistry or related fields)
- Strong technical understanding of the requirements to deliver packaging innovation to the marketplace along with a good grasp of the associated challenges in order to anticipate and resolve issues, mitigate risks and make sound business decisions
- Ability to solve technical and operational problems with a scientific approach
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and policies (environmental, safety and regulatory) related to packaging
- Skilled in building and maintaining strong external network with key business partners and industry associations.
- Knowledge in medical devices and regulated OTC packaging is preferred