The Packaging Engineer / Manager position is a strategic role within the Research andInnovation department and will be responsible for the research, development, and execution ofpackaging initiatives.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Demonstrate creativity in the development of packaging systems. Promote the spirit ofinnovation across different networks including suppliers, the R&I community, and cross -functional teams.
- Explore new packaging materials, shapes and technologies, as well as consumer trends,to apply them to new innovations.
- Support the innovation process by proposing, developing and implementing packagingoptions.
- Develop primary, secondary and transport packaging in line with the company'sobjectives; cost, quality, circularity and time.
- Represent packaging in project teams partnering cross-functionally (Marketing, Sales,Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain).
- Participates in working sessions with the brand teams and co-builds packaginginnovation and circularity pipeline.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers.business units, plants, co-manufacturers and other sources of applicable technologies.
- Contribute to the packaging development for projects of all sizes.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of the packaging specifications.
- Organize and conducts trials in an industrial environment.
Qualifications Bachelor's degree minimum, Master degree in Sciences or Engineering ideal(Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering science)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a packaging engineering field (preferably in food andbeverage)
- Experience in thermoforming and/or ISBM (injection stretch blow molding) stronglypreferred.
- Experience in injection molding and extrusion blow molding.
- Experience with PET and polyolefins (PE,PP,HDPE,PS), their properties and use as foodcontainers
- Knowledge in sachets, pouches and related flexible packaging
- Experience in the use of statistical tools for problem solving
- Knowledge of design thinking principals and application to innovation process
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project, and CAPE or TOPS
- Demonstrated leadership in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales,purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast -paced environment and makerisk-based decisions
- Excellent business skills and understand the levers of R&I in brand P&Ls
- Self starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring new unsolicited ideas &solutions to the table
Location: Minster, Ohio; Dallas/Forth Worth, TX; or Mount Crawford, Virginia