Our valued client is looking to hire a Project Manager, who plans and manages the complete project lifecycle in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. The project manager’s responsibilities include project planning, estimating, execution, implementation, and ongoing support. This position works closely with the functional business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of project development and delivery in support of business goals and objectives.
This is a hybrid position, which will be remote, with expectation to travel into the office in Gonzales, LA periodically for meetings. Candidates in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, other areas near the Gulf Coast and surrounding area will be considered for the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (include but are not limited to)
- Works closely with the functional business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives
- As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating, and managing multidisciplinary project teams
- Responsible for project planning, estimating, tracking and management
- Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with managing projects
- Provides highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to department management and personnel
- Effectively and efficiently communicates routine project status updates, project changes and responds to inquiries about projects
- Effectively manages project changes, adhering to the project change control process
- Chairs various project review and pre-submittal meetings
- Establishes and maintains liaison as required with boards, committees, and commissions
- Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures
- Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties
- This includes working closely with the business functional areas, and external customers and vendors in defining systems/project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, timing deliverables and funding
- Provides leadership and direction to the project team
- Responsible for managing technology and consulting vendor/partner relationship, service delivery and overall performance
- Meets deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on complex project teams with verifiable success
- Minimum of 2 years’ project leadership experience (including experience leading meetings, providing status updates, and documentating/sharing notes for all project meetings).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Experience working in a corporate environment or PMO is highly desired. The individual in this role will work on a large variety of projects (regulatory/compliance projects, IT projects, construction projects). Willingness to obtain and/or maintain PMP certification once onboard is desirable.