Send this job to your inbox!
A Designer III produces practical and economical high-quality designs in accordance with industrial and engineering department standards and construction estimates, to be reviewed by a Senior Designer. This role focuses on the design of agricultural related projects in the construction industry, while demonstrating a high level of autonomy and safety. The Designer III performs as the lead designer on one medium sized project or multiple smaller projects. This position typically reports to the Engineering Project Manager.
· Evaluate and research diverse design solution methods
· Make design decisions on assigned project(s)
· Develop a task plan and execute assignments in conformance with project-specific documentation
· Execute project goals while collaborating with project teams
· Monitor quality control during the design and construction build processes of assigned projects
· Mentor team members, including delegation of tasks/responsibilities to promote team member growth
· Review and obtain approval on scope of work with Senior Designer when appropriate (i.e. design solutions, decision making, work product)
· Oversee drafting to ensure conformance with engineered designs
· Monitor engineering costs against project budget for assigned project(s)
· Understand contract terms, project scope of work, project schedule, project engineering and construction estimates for assigned project(s)
· Make informed decisions on overall structure designs by understanding facility/process and civil/structural design
· Create a successful design by collaborating closely with clients to understand the unique desires and requirements of the assigned project
· Keep abreast of latest industry technology and techniques; educate team members on findings
· Participate in marketing Company engineering and construction services to potential clients
· Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and co-workers
· Perform other duties as dictated by the needs of the project
· Business travel will be required
· Display personal ethics and solid independent judgement in all dealings; including fiscal matters, confidentiality and decision-making
· Execute high quality work product accurately, organized and on time; follow established processes and standards
· Take initiative and follow through on commitments, including assignments and established deadlines
· Assume responsibility for individual performance and growth
· Inform management on status of work, escalated issues, resource gaps and unmanaged risks
· Display effective written and verbal communication, express disagreement tactfully and build trust both internally and externally
· Contribute to a supportive work environment to accomplish goals, both independently or with a team
· Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards
· Observe all applicable safety protocol and policies; report and stop any observed unsafe activity
· Embody the Company core values and embrace the “light of day” test
· Contribute to the core purpose, strategic plans and objectives of the company
· Detail-oriented and highly organized
· Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, manage time and shift gears as needed
· Firm, but fair, approach in all business dealings to protect the interests of the Company while providing outstanding customer service
· Excellent work ethic, drive and motivation
· Ability to master technical knowledge quickly
· Pursuit of continuous learning and self-development opportunities
· Skilled in solving issues effectively and efficiently
· Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others
· Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should have experience with coordination and complete modeling within Revit and AutoCAD, and have the ability to learn other specific software (JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, etc.).
· Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate analytical and problem solving, leadership, negotiation, organization, relationship building, construction knowledge, project management and business acumen skills. Effective communication, judgment, initiative, time management, attention to detail and flexibility are also necessary abilities for this position.
This position works primarily in an office environment and occasionally on a construction project site.
Frequently requires repetitive hand motions. Regularly required to speak and listen. Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to bend, sit, and stand. This list is to be considered general and not all-inclusive. The Company reserves the right to change or modify, consistent with business necessity.
Get notified about new listings!
Can't find the job you want?Submit a general application