Send this job to your inbox!
Design and engineer a variety of electrical products (lighting cabinets, panelboards, switchboards, switchgear, control panels, etc.) that integrate new and existing hardware/software for complete and functional operation. Field measure and repair customer’s equipment as required. Keeping a working knowledge of companies fabrication methods, machinery, and programming software to improve products and processes.
This is a full-time salaried position.
Specific Duties Include:
· Reviews project specifications, plans, and requirements to assist sales in the preparation of quotations conveying price, delivery and technical information to customers.
· Ensure that processes, construction, installation, and operational requirements meet specifications, codes, and end-user expectations.
· Design equipment from the ground up utilizing 3D modeling software to meet customer’s requirements while adhering to latest codes and standards.
· Maintain working knowledge of laser, turret, press brakes, etc. and associated machine programming software to aide in product improvement.
· Travel (occasionally overnight and off-hours) as required to support field measurements and maintenance of equipment (approximately 5% of the time).
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with shop employees to promote feedback to drive product improvement.
· Projects a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors and suppliers.
· Stays current with product updates and code changes.
· Make recommendations to management on manufacturing processes to promote lean manufacturing.
· Other duties as assigned by Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years’ experience or Electrical System Design expert with 5+ years’ experience.
· Experience with CAD (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) software is required.
· Understanding of 3-phase power systems is preferred.
· Understanding of low voltage and/or medium voltage electrical equipment is preferred.
· Experience in sheet metal manufacturing and electrical equipment design.
· Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily tasks.
· Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently making sound design/engineering decisions for weeks at a time.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
· This position requires the ability to sit, and bend or stand for extended periods of time.
· Performance of duties will mostly be in the office. Travel as required (approximately 5% of the time).
· Initial 3‐6 months of this position will require working in a shop setting fabricating and assembling equipment. During this time, you must be able to sit, kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl. Also will require the ability to move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds.An Equal Opportunity Employer