· 100% REMOTE
· Contract to perm
· Awesome company, great health benefits, 401k matching, culture, and work-life balance!
Our client has an immediate need for a highly driven and energetic and personable Senior Web Software Engineer to work within our talented development team creating and supporting highly visible and high demand public facing web and mobile assets. This is a 6-month contract to permanent assignment and the role is 100% remote.
The company also offers comprehensive benefits including a medical, dental, and competitive compensation program that is consistent with improving work-life balance.
The selected candidate will work as part of an established and collaborative and full-stack Digital Services team (development, DevSecOps, Human-Centered Design, Accessible (508 Compliant) UI/UX, and Agile Project Management), to support the creation and ongoing maintenance of mission-critical web-based and mobile software applications and high visibility/high demand websites. Candidates will work on multiple related projects at any given time. Daily work touches on projects in all stages of development ranging from requirements gathering, conceptualization/architecture, development, implementation, testing, maintenance and refactoring. In addition to development efforts, Work and responsibilities at this level will include the execution of product vision as defined by the Product Owners. The Senior Level developer works closely with the dev team and project Scrum Master to define technical stories. This role also expects the mentoring of more junior developers and proposing new solutions and technologies where appropriate.
- This position requires experience commensurate to a Senior-Level Programmer with at least 5+ years experience in website and web application development.
- The successful candidate will have experience developing under .NET 6+ (ASP.NET/MVC/CORE) using C# and thorough HTML/HTML5 experience.
- An understanding of and experience in n-tier Object Oriented Development is a must.
- Experience in building and implementing ORMs such as Entity Framework and knowledge of relational database structures for storing and accessing large scale data using parameterized queries and T-SQL, particularly under SQL Server 2019+ is also a requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with REST, API development, Azure resources (especially App Services, Functions, and Logic Apps), CDNs (Akamai), responsive design, native mobile development (iOS with Swift and Android with Java), unit tests, and applications which provide and/or consume async API data calls (JSON, XML, etc) is highly desirable.
- A basic understanding of Section 508 compliance and advanced methods of delivering accessible dynamic web content is a significant plus.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and working in open source and community-supported applications, including enterprise content management systems is also advantageous.
- Previous experience in leading a team in an Agile Scrum project management environment or familiarity with SAFe is highly favorable as well, especially with Scrum or related Agile/SAFe developer certifications.
- Azure certifications are also highly favorable.
- Candidates must be team-oriented, have strong written and oral communication, client contact skills, and a keen interest in development.
- A record of successfully improving existing systems and processes and automating or improving the efficiency of manual processes is advantageous.
- Previous work in a high-demand and high-visibility web environment is beneficial. Selected candidates will be required to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.