Send this job to your inbox!
· Segment Quality Representative: Coordinate segment specific QMS activities with customers and governing bodies regarding our quality system. Coordinate change management of quality system activities, assuring the system meet requirements and that consideration is given to the following criteria:
o Procedures, processes and systems should add value and contribute to company Quality
o Segment quality processes must be compliant while minimizing bureaucracy
o Should be consistent with current strategies and objectives of the company
o Should be coordinated with appropriate process / document owners
· Specification Interpretation: Must read and interpret complex specifications and contracts from multiple industries including but not limited to: Military, Nuclear, Aerospace, Oil and Gas, and others. This role will serve as one of the key authority resources as to the interpretation of specifications and be willing to provide written and verbal guidance to regulators, customers, and industry groups.
· Facilitation of Core Specification Compliance: Assures enterprise-wide compliance to the core industry/ customer
specifications by facilitation of requirements compliance. Using project management skills, he/she will work with internal process owners developing implementation project plans ensuring effective implementation of the process requirements. Examples include NADCAP, AMS process requirements. The role will enable measured reduction in compliance errors throughout the business.
· Review of Complex Order Requirements: Integrating into the order development workflow, this resource will review industry and customer specifications / contracts and, through working with quality assurance specialists, process engineers, and sales, will ensure new order packages communicate all compliance requirements
· Auditor: Support SF auditing program by performing duties of lead auditor for both internal and supplier audits. Additionally this resource will host/witness 2nd and 3rd party external audits and customer witnesses and their review of company Quality System processes.
· Customer Communication: Represent company as we effectively communicate with customers’ sales, quality and technical resources regarding specification/contract requirements, manufacturing and process capabilities, and questions / complaints related to quality systems, product, processes or documentation. Support sales and process engineering in the creation, communication, and resolution of segment specific quality issues including NCRS and deviations.
· Participate and Lead Structured Problem Solving Events. Lead and / or work with a cross functional team to identify root cause and develop and implement positive corrective action(s) to correct identified problem(s). Use, train, facilitate and coach teams in the proper use of Structured Problem Solving tools. Drive CAR’s to completion.
· Roll out customer requirements. Communicate and provide training to personnel regarding execution of procedures and interpretation of specifications/drawings as they apply to the technical manufacturing, test and inspection requirements invoked by customers.
· Standardization of Processes: Facilitates between different process owners in multiple locations to maximizes
standardization and clarity of practice. By thorough understanding of the business and manufacturing processes, the segment quality engineer will reduces redundancy in processes and procedures.
· Support Customer and Industry Compliance Issues: Responsible for communicating areas of noncompliance and leading the organization in response, customer communication, and corrective actions.
· Safety. Actively participate in efforts to establish and promote a safe and healthy work environment. Follow policies, programs, and procedures for the reduction and elimination of industrial accidents, and provide quality feedback to promote safer work behaviors and conditions
· Provide plant floor level quality culture leadership enabling the teams to fully understand their quality impact on our customers, our employee owned business, and their individual work groups.
o Train, support, and audit assigned areas ensuring education and compliance to all appropriate customer and industry requirements
o Train on the use of quality tools to reduce issues and improve quality measures
o Analyze nature of nonconformance using existing data analysis tools, share results with appropriate people, and develop plans for improvement
o Develop and leverage data trending tools including: Pareto Charts, Histograms, and other methods
o Formal CAR’s to resolve issues
· BS in engineering or metallurgy or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a quality resource in a high specification environment (Military, Nuclear, Aerospace, FDA, ETC)
· Significant experience in Structured Problem Solving (8D, A3 or other)
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Experience in reading & interpreting specifications and technical documents
· Ability to Effectively Train Others
· Experience in writing procedures
· Managerial courage at a very high level with strong team leadership skills
Get notified about new listings!
Can't find the job you want?Submit a general application