Controls Engineer Harrisonville, MO Salary dependent on experience plus bonus potential, profit sharing, 401K match and benefits day one of employment!
➡️ This company is investing in the plant and adding another manufacturing line
➡️ Profitable, stable organization in a recession-proof industry
➡️ Excellent work/life balance, averaging 45 hours per week, with every other Friday OFF
➡️ Opportunity to work with a collaborative engineering team
Fast-paced manufacturer is seeking a Controls Engineer to support engineering and production with controls, programming and electrical project engineering tasks in their high-volume, process-oriented manufacturing organization. Daily you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Providing plant support for PLCs, HMIs, electrical panels, etc.
- Partnering with production and process engineering to maximize equipment efficiencies and reduce scrap rates
- Supporting project and process engineers on CapEx projects by identifying controls and automation needs
- Programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLCs
- Performing electrical troubleshooting to eliminate downtime, including drives, light curtains, etc.
- Supporting business network systems, including ethernet, servers, etc.
- Providing input on the design of panels, including working with integrators and builders
- Partnering with team members to complete continuous improvement activities, utilizing Lean methodologies
- Assisting with HMI troubleshooting, upgrading and installation
- Managing timelines and budgets of engineering projects
- Completing documentation on project status
- Other duties as assigned by management
Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment, be willing to support other engineering team members related to electrical engineering and have the ability to take ownership of projects. Individuals should enjoy spending 20% or more of their time on the manufacturing floor.
The company offers EXCELLENT benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, profit sharing, bonus potential, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and tuition reimbursement. Medical benefits are available the first day of employment!REQUIREMENTS for the Controls Engineer:1. Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; electrical engineering or electrical engineering technologies majors are HIGHLY preferred
2. Minimum of three years of similar controls engineering experience in a manufacturing environment 3. Experience supporting capital equipment projects from an electrical standpoint
4. Experience programming PLCs, ideally Allen Bradley 5. Core electrical troubleshooting skills, including servos, curtains, HMIs, control panels, etc.
6. Microsoft Office, specifically ExcelSkills preferred but NOT required:1. Project management of timelines and budgets
2. Power distribution experience 3. Robotics and/or automation experience
4. Lean Certification
5. AutoCAD, related to electrical projects
6. MS Project
7. Experience working for an OEM or integrator
8. Experience working in related processing manufacturing environments, including chemical, coating, plastics, refinery, food and/or beverage industries
Why work for this organization:1. Company supplies a diverse product line to multiple industries 2. EXCELLENT benefits, including 401K, profit sharing and bonus potential3. No layoffs in the last 20 years4. Good work/life balance, with every other Friday off
5. Fast-paced work environment, focused on continuous improvements and Lean initiatives
6. Opportunity for advancement
7. Million dollar investments are scheduled for the plant in the next two to three years
8. A new line is coming to the plant
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Harrisonville, MO area. A relocation package, consisting of a sign-on bonus, may be offered to regional candidates.