Senior Network Engineer - HYBRIDBellefontaine, Ohio
Technology transformation, optimization, investing in technology, high profile, HYBRID two days per week!
💻 There is no need to be bored in your current role, this company is going through a technology transformation and you can jump on board at the right time!
💻 Focus your time on projects and optimization and have the support to make the needed improvements
💻 This company is investing in technologies that will diversify your skill set
💻 High profile is how we would describe this role
💻 Be able to focus on your projects - work HYBRID two days a week
Busy in your current job? We will make it easy for you! Apply today so that we can lead you through the interview and hiring process!
Due to an internal promotion of a 15-year employee, this fast-paced manufacturer is hiring a Senior Network Engineer. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for championing the network infrastructure for a leading manufacturer. This includes strategy, design, planning, implementing and maintaining the entire LAN/WAN infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to get into an environment where there are a lot of modernization initiatives. You will be a subject matter expert in a robust, enterprise infrastructure where you'll provide expertise and leadership in the design, configuration and management of all enterprise, data center, manufacturing facilities and cloud network services.
- Work in a team environment and mentor other network engineers.
- Provide strategic guidance to the IT Leadership team regarding latest technologies, solutions and best practices.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve network issues across the enterprise.
- Lead the integration of new enterprise network systems and services.
- Collaborate with IT team members to ensure smooth and reliable operation of IT Infrastructure for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Architect and drive major infrastructure improvement projects and initiatives such as firewalls, VPNs, SD-WAN, wireless, network monitoring and more.
- Provide awareness and holistic overview of the environment, offering strategic guidance and recommendations to leadership regarding latest technologies, solutions and best practices.
- Provide reporting and continuous improvement for KPIs to IT leadership.
- Maintain relationships with key third-party vendors.
- Deliver subject matter expertise for all networking technologies with heavy participation in key decision-making processes as it relates to procurement and modifications of technology within the environment.
- Provide support for OT/IT manufacturing networks and network services including, but not limited to configuration, support, availability, connectivity, performance, security, and protection.
- Help develop, train and mentor other network engineers in day-to-day administration of the network environment.
Candidates should be able to lead their own projects, be flexible with their work requirements, enjoy working within a team of energetic IT professionals, be willing to share their knowledge in order to develop others and enjoy working in fast-paced environments. Occasional travel is required to multiple sites to perform maintenance, support and implementation activities.
Medical benefits are available the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Holidays, vacation, 401K and bonus! A hybrid work schedule is offered.
Requirements for the Senior Network Engineer:
1. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of education. 2. 10+ years of increasing responsibilities in Information Technology, of which at least 5 years is in a related Network Engineering capacity.3. Broad experience with multiple technology partners, platforms, and industry solutions, including but not limited to Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, ZScaler, SolarWinds, and Azure.4. Hands-on experience across all network service areas such as VPNs, Next Generation Firewalls, SD-WAN technologies, LAN/WAN network design, administration, virtualization, enterprise wireless, cloud connectivity, security, performance tuning and monitoring, logging/auditing etc.5. Experience with Cloud Services and Connectivity is required.6. MPLS experience required; SD-WAN highly desired.
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Demonstrated experience in leading network implementations for an enterprise environment.2. Architecting and supporting OT/IT networks as it relates to segmentation, security controls and industry best practices.3. Enterprise connectivity design, architecture, support (MPLS, SD-WAN, On-Premise, Cloud).4. Deep understanding of all routing protocols, network design standards, enterprise wireless configurations.5. Experience within an enterprise manufacturing environment.6. Professional level certifications in key network systems and platforms.
Candidates are required to be local to the Bellefontaine, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package available at this time.