Job Title: Estimator Job
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Regional Supplier of fabricated structural steel, misc. metals, steel joist and steel decks is currently seeking an experienced Structural Steel or Miscellaneous Metals Estimator to join our team.
About the role: This position is responsible for taking design drawings and documents available for bidding and using analytic software to estimate the costs of the structural steel and miscellaneous metals for construction projects.
What you’ll do:
• Analyze blueprints and other design documents (Architectural and Structural construction documents/drawings, along with Specifications) to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
• Using phone or email to interact with customers and coworkers to plan takeoffs, as well as design professionals.
• Coordinating with sales team and project managers to fulfill takeoffs and quote necessities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to self-manage multiple projects and work within deadlines
• Work in a team environment with sales team, engineers, designers and drafters on projects
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite & Project Management Software
What we offer: • Competitive salary; commensurate with experience • Health • 401k • PTO