Job Title: Steel Detailer
Regional Supplier of fabricated structural steel, misc. metals, steel joist and steel decks is currently seeking an experienced Structural Steel or Miscellaneous Metals Detailer to join our Detailing team in St. Paul, MN.
About the role: This position is responsible for developing detailed piece drawings for the construction of structures using Computer Aided Design software (e.g. Tekla /AutoCAD).
What you’ll do:• Designs steel piece drawings in accordance with verbal explanations, design documents, specifications, and company detailing standards• Develops drawings for the fabrication of components and assemblies of steel structures• Prepares 2D/3D modeling's of structures• Reviews drawings for completeness and accuracy before submitting to Detailing Manager• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, one to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Design Software (Tekla); Microsoft Office Suite; Project Management Software
• Ability to read and understand design documents
• Knowledge of fabrication materials and techniques
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to self-managed multiple projects and work within deadlines
• Work in a team environment with sales team, engineers, designers and drafters on projects
• Ability to evaluate alternatives and resolve technical issues
What we offer:
• Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
• Health • 401k • PTO