Send this job to your inbox!
We are looking for Machinists and Programmers for multiple locations throughout the Twin Cities. Sign-On Bonus is company specific located near Plymouth, MN.
New Machinist signing Bonus will be up to $7,000 depending on the shift (Completed Education)
Machine Operator signing bonus up to $3,900 depending on shift
Primary Objective: Machinists operate CNC milling/turning/grinding machine centers and/or manual machinery to perform routine or repetitive operations in a manner which consistently meets customer specifications, quality requirements, and production standards.
• Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
• Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
• Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
• Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
• Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
• Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
• Maintain shop cleanliness.
• Operate equipment in a safe manner
• Communicate with other shifts
• Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
• Report job progress using current scheduling system
• Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings
• Mentoring of new Machinists
• Work over time as requested
• Work other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Qualifications:
• Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Working knowledge of GD&T
• Good interaction skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
• Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring