LOCATION: Remote with Travel (East Coast Preferred)
The Vice President of Lean will have responsibility to architect and deploy the Lean Business System across the company. The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing and driving Lean culture change and developing the tools, system, and methodologies for the business enterprise. They will have responsibility for establishing and building a Continuous Improvement team as well as leadership for organization of Lean champions.
This role will make an immediate impact by…
- Building and implementing the Lean Business System including a roadmap of lean tools and process such as growth tools, R&D, problem solving, standard work, daily management, visual metrics, and more
- Driving a culture of Continuous Improvement and highly engaged Associates across the enterprise
- Developing and facilitating the roll out and execution of the Strategic Deployment process
- Identifying and developing a core Business System office and Lean leaders in each of the businesses
- Demonstrating key behaviors - setting high expectations, data driven and courage to make decisions.
- Developing the Lean Business System and overall strategy for transforming the organization
- Aligning strategy with tactics for Lean deployment initiatives (Lean Roadmap)
- Identifying performance gaps and working with local leaders to develop and execute improvement plans
- Facilitating impactful improvements through Continuous Improvement tools, Kaizen funnel processes, and systems to better safety, quality, efficiency, cost, and reduce waste
- Utilizing a structured problem-solving approach to analyze current conditions, identify improvement opportunities, and deploy appropriate Lean tools to resolve
- Leading and coaching Kaizen events through hands-on participation
- Developing training materials and delivering those materials to ensure team members throughout the operating divisions are trained in CI concepts and philosophy
- Understanding and applying financial drivers and key performance indicators
- Developing Lean competencies in leaders and employees at all levels; identifying future Lean talent and coaching for career advancement opportunities
- Documenting best practices and sharing improvements to leverage results
- Providing overall leadership of the Continuous Improvement program through direction, communication, and overall support to leadership teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or Business required; Advanced degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification and/or qualifications, or related equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of proven Lean system development and deployment experience in manufacturing and distribution environments
- Experience with implementing Strategy Deployment/Hoshin across a business or for a division
- Expert at implementing and training on all foundational Lean tools, including but not limited to: Visual Management, Daily Management, Transactional Process Improvement, Standard Work/Leader Standard Work, Problem Solving, 6S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 8 wastes, Gemba walks, etc.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to transparently communicate and relate to people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze data, draws conclusions, make recommendations, and present findings
- Demonstrated ability to model the corporate values and principles, including instilling a high-performance, people-driven culture
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and general computer skills
Lean Focus LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
At Lean Focus, we help businesses overcome their biggest challenges by transforming them for the better, and for the long-term. A "who's who" of global leaders in every industry, our clients include some of the world's most respected brands and several members of the Fortune 1000.