Director of Lab Operations – Position Specification
POSITION: Director of Lab Operations
JOB LOCATION: United Kingdom
DIRECT REPORTS: Site/Lab General Managers, Supply Chain, LIMS Administration
The Director of Lab Operations will be responsible for leading operations across all laboratories in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The right candidate will have strong operations management experience and Lean deployment experience. The Operations Director will support the continued growth of the business through improving key KPIs and all processes within Operations.
- Leading overall operations across all laboratories in the UK and Republic of Ireland
- Oversight of all testing and related activities to ensure they are performed efficiently, meet deadlines, and follow procedures
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety and testing standards in accordance with Company procedures and QHSSE policies.
- Setting the strategy and leading the development of LIMS system
- Developing and implementing a culture of Continuous Improvement to improve KPIs around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory
- Planning and executing short- and long-term strategies to improve profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout operations
- Connecting plant-level goals with wider corporate goals and strategy
- Leading large-scale projects to support continuous improvement of laboratories
- Collaborating with Product Management, Commercial, and Compliance to ensure delivery of organizational objectives
- Ensure that the Lean Business System is embedded in all process activities (Visual Management, Problem Solving, Kaizen, and Delivering Results)
- Driving employee engagement by helping to develop leaders’ skills through effective coaching, teaching, and mentoring
- Challenge the status quo and guide leadership teams in the identification of cross-functional improvement opportunities
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Chemistry/Biology), Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
· Experience in an operations role (e.g., laboratory management, production leadership) preferred
· Demonstrable experience in leading a network of laboratories
· Experience utilizing lean tools and knowledge of Lean systems
· Experience leading improvement initiatives with an emphasis on problem solving
· Demonstrated business acumen and project management skills
· Appreciation for and successful experience in driving change management cross-functionally
· Proven ability to work well in team environment with sound communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. It will include a base salary and an annual performance bonus, long term incentives, and other benefits and perquisites.
Lean Focus LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
At Lean Focus, we help businesses overcome their biggest challenges by transforming them for the better, and for the long-term. A "who's who" of global leaders in every industry, our clients include some of the world's most respected brands and several members of the Fortune 1000.