Vice President of Lean Business System
POSITION: Vice President, Lean / CI
JOB LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
The Vice President of Lean will implement the company’s Lean Business System across their business unit, including manufacturing operations as well as back office and growth/commercial areas of the business. They will collaborate cross-functionally and with the senior leadership team to ensure successful implementation. The right candidate will have experience with driving cultural change through training and development on Lean tools and Kaizen event facilitation.
- Planning, facilitating, implementing, and sustaining Lean tools and culture across the business unit
Facilitating Kaizen events and tools training to improve areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Growth
- Developing leaders’ skills through coaching and mentoring; supporting training and education of manufacturing and other functional teams in the application of Lean/CI tools
- Facilitating training and developing roadmap for BU Leadership team and key stakeholders
- Identifying cross-functional improvement opportunities to challenge the status quo and guide leadership team
- Supporting Strategy Deployment facilitation and resulting action plans, operational KPIs, and effective root cause countermeasures
- Leveraging data and results to develop business cases for change; measuring process improvement against targets
- Incorporation Lean Business System culture in all business growth and execution activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience in progressively responsible roles including those in Lean, Operations, Supply Chain, and/or General Management
- Demonstrated experience with Lean tools including Strategy Deployment, Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Standard Work, FMEA, Problem Solving, Kanban, Visual Daily Management, 80/20
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, influencing, and communication skills
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization globally, including training of peers as well as executives
- Strong business and financial acumen including P&L knowledge/experience
Lean Focus LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
At Lean Focus, we help businesses overcome their biggest challenges by transforming them for the better, and for the long-term. A "who's who" of global leaders in every industry, our clients include some of the world's most respected brands and several members of the Fortune 1000.