Asst. Maintenance Manager/Planner
Mansfield, OH area
Salary up to $130K, depending on experience
📌 This opportunity is a NEW position and will give YOU the opportunity to improve and create processes
📌 Enjoy continuous improvement? YOU will have the opportunity to develop, measure and track KPIs
📌 $2 million in investments have been made at the site and they are adding this position and investing in their team
📌 YOU will work with an established ERP system that functions as their CMMS; YOU will have the tools to do this job!
We will help you navigate the interview process, which will move quickly!
An Asst. Maintenance Manager/Planner is being added to the team as a NEW position and will join the engineering and maintenance team. The Asst. Maintenance Manager/Planner will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance program by establishing performance indicators. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Develop, coach and mentor a team of skilled trades professionals
- Evaluate and improve the preventative maintenance (PM) program through metrics and measurables
- Establish KPIs for the PM system, including outstanding work orders, effectiveness of PM activities after completion, days to complete work orders, open work orders, etc.
- Manage the PM program within the company's CMMS system
- Schedule and plan PM projects and ensure all parts are purchased, ordered and onsite for the project
- Oversee the timeline of all PM projects
- Plan labor for PM projects utilizing staff or external contractors
- Read and evaluate blueprints daily
- Find departmental and PM improvements and take the initiative to complete CI activity
- Other duties as assigned by management
This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 30-50% of the time. This position is highly focused on establishing measurables and making improvements. Candidates should have continuous improvement and scrap reduction skills, be energetic, able to take ownership of projects, have good work history and enjoy floor presence. Benefits are competitive, including bonus potential, medical, dental, 401K, life, LTD, paid holidays and vacation.Requirements for the Asst. Maintenance Manager/Planner:1. A Bachelor’s Degree is required2. At least five years of RECENT similar maintenance supervision and planning work experience 3. Experience working in manufacturing environments
4. Experience working as a maintenance supervisor responsible for planning of preventative maintenance
5. A strong mechanical aptitude6. The ability to read blueprints
7. A proven track record of CI and or process improvement activity
8. Supervision of others
9. Microsoft OfficeSkills that are preferred, BUT NOT required:1. Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies 2. Automotive supplier experience
3. MS Project
4. An engineering and/or maintenance background Candidates are preferred to be local to the Mansfield, Ohio area. Relocation assistance will be offered for regional candidates with ALL of the required skill sets.
maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance supervisor, tool room, crib attendant, production scheduler, master scheduler, maintenance manager, manager of maintenance, tool room supervisor, crib attendant supervisor, PM supervisor, field service, field service engineer, field service manager, maintenance scheduler, scheduler/planner, sr. maintenance scheduler, sr. production planner, production scheduler,