Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Automotive Maumee, OH
Solid PPM record, overseeing a tenured & skilled staff, limited travel, company growth and GREAT benefits! READ ON:
- Joining a company with a solid PPM record over the last five years, including only two in 2022 will be a breath of fresh air!
- Every engineer that reports to you started as an intern with the company and has an average tenure of five years; the maintenance lead has been there over 15 years
- The company is slated for growth and is investing $$ in new equipment
- Check out these benefits: HSA contribution, FREE employee medical (effective the day of hire), bonus potential and a 401K match of 50% up to 10% - WOW!
Opportunities like this don't come across our desk often! The last person that we placed with this employer stated this about the company, "I am just happy to be here!" Allow us to assist you in advancing your career with an employer that has been in business for 50+ years.
Stable, profitable automotive supplier is hiring a Engineering & Maintenance Manager to oversee the process engineering and maintenance team. The Engineering & Maintenance Manager will report to the VP of Operations and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Motivating, coaching and developing the engineering and maintenance staff
- Fostering a collaborative, team oriented culture with internal and external manufacturing partners
- Maintaining and improving engineering and maintenance metrics and KPIs
- Creating standardization within the engineering team
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives related to scrap reduction, efficiency improvement, minimizing downtime, etc.
- Overseeing maintenance, tooling and spare parts inventory
- Evaluating and improving changeover process
- Utilizing the ERP system as the CMMS system to document and improve PM programs
- Continuing to further develop the maintenance apprenticeship program
- Supporting product development and product launches by determining capacity capabilities and manufacturability, running trials, etc.
- Improving the layout of the plant to maximize production goals
- Ensuring data in the ERP system is accurate and utilizing the system for reporting purposes
- Overseeing facilities and grounds, including managing any necessary contracts
- Other duties as directed by management
Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment, communicating with internal and external departments in order to support and improve production goals, holding their team accountable, overseeing CI activities to enhance the process and spending up to 50% of their time on the production floor. The company offers competitive medical, dental and vision benefits (available day one of employment), 401K (50% up to 10%), paid holidays, short term and long term disability, life insurance, HSA contribution and vacation. REQUIREMENTS for the Engineering & Maintenance Manager: 1. Ideally a Bachelor's degree; equivalent experience would be acceptable 2. Depending on the level of completed education, at least 5-10 years in a similar engineering and/or maintenance leadership position
3. Experience supervising engineers and/or skilled trades 4. Experience performing similar tasks in Tier I or Tier II automotive supplier manufacturing environments
5. Experience working in tooling related manufacturing environments
6. A strong continuous improvement background, with proven examples of scrap reduction, efficiency improvements, etc.
7. Management of CAPEX projects 8. Experience with 2D and/or 3D modeling
9. ERP experience
10. Microsoft Office, including MS Excel skills with pivot tables and Vlookups
Skills preferred, but NOT required:
2. Facility management
3. Quality background
Why go to work for this organization:
1. Slated for growth
2. The opportunity to oversee three engineers that all started with the company as interns
3. This company has an exceptional quality record; ask us and we will share their last five years PPM records
4. Excellent medical benefits, FREE to the employee and available day one of employment
5. Bonus potential and a 401K match of 50% up to 10%
6. Work/life balance - average 45-50 hours Monday-Friday
8. Clean facility and excellent office environment
The client is not offering relocation for this position, candidates are requested to be local to the Maumee, OH area
Engineering management, launch manager, engineering manager, sr. engineering manager, director of engineering, maintenance manager, plant engineering manager, manufacturing engineering manager, process engineering manager, project engineering manager, engineering leader, engineering and programs manager, engineering & programs manager