Our client is a progressive, growing and highly profitable manufacturing firm in the sustainable energy industry. Their American-made products feature patented technology that utilizes the least amount of energy in their respective product group.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
- This is a newly created position (due to growth) which will allow you to take full ownership of the accounting/finance function
- Make your mark within an organization that has exceptional opportunities for growth - become the Chief Financial Officer!
- You will be the go-to finance leader providing strategic direction for management/operations
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be a strategic member of the senior management team with responsibility for corporate accounting, operational accounting, financial reporting, financial planning & analysis, business case analysis & decision support, treasury operations and internal and external audits. Function as the financial business partner to the operational leaders of the Company and provide financial analysis and support to the President. This position reports directly to the President with a dotted line to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the month-end close and general ledger functions
- Create and implement policies and procedures to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial reporting for internal use by management and executives
- Develop a strong internal control system that safeguards Company assets and is in compliance with best practices (i.e., Sarbanes Oxley)
- Responsible for overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets and cash applications
- Evaluate current and ongoing staffing needs in these areas and collaborate closely with management to identify opportunities to become more efficient and streamline processes
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and quarterly comprehensive financial reporting package - ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Must be able to explain the fiscal impact of new accounting rules and relevant pronouncements that affect the Company
- Review and evaluate the existing Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) process for completeness and accuracy
- Lead the financial planning process and work closely with Senior Management to set up baseline expectations, variance analysis presentations and reviews
- Perform monthly variance analysis and a more formal review each quarter
- Develop financial models to assist executive management in making informed business decisions
- Develop a strong understanding of the industry and how business operations affect the financial performance of the Company
- Be the champion for prioritizing, monitoring, and reporting progress of strategic and operational initiatives including new service offerings, new markets and other special projects or business initiatives
- Responsible for supporting due diligence and supporting the company in all matters of taxation, tax compliance, etc.
- Review of the Company’s tax filings, which are prepared by an external CPA firm
- Manage the working relationships with the Company’s bank and external financing sources
- Manage Company’s cash flow including monitoring daily cash balances, reviewing cash receipts or disbursements, preparing cash flow forecasts, and preparing financial covenant compliance certificates
- Responsible for corporate insurance matters including property & casualty and workers compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Collaborative and team-focused work style
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage complex and shifting priorities
- Prior experience with SAP or other complex ERP systems is preferred
- CPA with public accounting experience is highly preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a team-player attitude
- Some manufacturing industry experience is a must