For three decades, our client's focus has been on Real Estate Investments in major metro markets across the United States that offer significant cash flow, revenue growth, and long-term capital appreciation opportunities. The company owns and operates the portfolio of Self Storage assets. When you join them, you'll tap into the power of a traditional asset class with a distinctive style. We are seeking motivated individuals who can contribute to our evolving culture. If you want to be a part of a creative, inspiring, and collaborative environment, this is the right place.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
- Make a difference and have a positive impact.
- Take the lead on team initiatives, learn new skills, build your management capabilities, and take advantage of the many growth opportunities.
- Contribute creatively to the organization’s success by generating new and useful ideas
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager assists the Controller in managing the timeliness and accuracy of monthly financial statement reporting; including but not limited to monitoring property accountant daily activities, assist in month end Corporate close, annual reporting, and leading accounting projects.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting, financial reporting, operational analysis and regulatory compliance (e.g. sales and property tax) for assigned stores, coordinating external audits, review, and financial statement preparation, with footnotes.
- Responsible for general GAAP compliance, for all stores, including writing GAAP position memos, and implementing new policies and procedure.
- Responsible for Joint Venture day-to-day accounting and finance management and administration, including financial reporting and analysis, issue resolution, waterfall calculations, distributions and capital calls.
- Leading and managing property and general accounts and training and developing them.
- Education: Degree in Accounting, finance, or similar discipline. Active CPA license preferred
- Experience: 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including active listening
- Relationship skills: ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships – both internal and external
- Organizational skills/Multi-tasking: Exceptional organization skills with the ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities; ability to prioritize workload; and an ability to work at a detailed level
- Proven skills in contributing to the development of company objectives and achieving desired goals
- Strong accountability combined with strong work ethic and enthusiasm for teamwork
- Energetic self-starter with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Intrapersonal: A willingness to learn in a dynamic environment that includes new ideas and innovation, intellectually curious, adaptable and ambitious
- Computer Skills: high-level skills in MS Office Suite, high-level of comfort learning new accounting systems and computer applications