Due to an internal promotion and an expanding business model, this exceptional Assistant Controller opportunity is now available. Our client's multi-family residential division is growing rapidly, with an impressive 10-year plan in place to expand its multi-state footprint.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
- The culture of the company is where the true difference exists - it is a positive, collaborative, work hard - play hard environment.
- Make your mark within a growing organization as this well-funded and highly profitable business model expands
- Gain knowledge and experience from great leadership/mentorship from the Controller and the CFO, and other key stakeholders
- Build wealth by investing in their projects through in-house Investment Programs
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will provide information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated, economic decisions about the company’s future.
Responsible for the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including but not limited to internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, expense reports, cash control, tax compliance, and partner distributions
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings and cash receipt application and partner capital calls
- Coordinate with internal and external property management companies to ensure efficient workflow, review property financial statements
- Ensure timely and accurate debt covenant reports prepared by the team
- Manage workflow and review schedules and related support for interim and year-end audit as requested by corporate accounting team and tax requests as requested by tax team
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data and enhance the company’s value
- Respond to CAO and CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Develop operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements as well as assist in the month end closing and financial planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA license preferred
- 5 or more years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Experience with property management and partnership accounting
- Experience with financial management
- Experience with performance management
- Experience with Yardi Voyager
- High level of ethics and integrity
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Reliable, organized and precise