Our client is a leading industrial real estate investment company with a portfolio of properties across the Western United States. Their mission is to acquire, manage and develop high-quality real estate properties that generate strong returns for our investors.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
- Impactful Work: As the Fund Accounting Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring the financial success of our real estate investment funds. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects, and see the tangible results of your efforts.
- Fast-paced Environment: The company is constantly growing and evolving, which means that the Fund Accounting Manager will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and be constantly challenged to think creatively and find innovative solutions to complex accounting and financial issues.
- Collaborative Culture: Our company culture is built on collaboration, teamwork, and mutual respect. The Fund Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse team of accounting professionals, as well as cross-functional teams including the investment team, investor relations, and external auditors. You will have the opportunity to learn from others, share your own expertise, and build lasting relationships with colleagues.
- Professional Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our employees. As the Fund Accounting Manager, you will have access to ongoing training and development opportunities, including mentorship programs, industry conferences, and specialized training programs. You will also have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and advance within the company.
Overall, this position is an awesome opportunity for an accounting professional who is looking to make a meaningful impact, work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and grow their career in the exciting and dynamic field of real estate investment.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting functions for our real estate investment funds. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and perform ongoing accounting activities for investment funds: Prepare and review financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Manage the annual audit process for our investment funds, including coordinating with external auditors and preparing financial statements and related disclosures.
- Collaborate with the investor relations team to respond to investor inquiries, provide financial information, and ensure timely and accurate distribution of investor reports.
- Develop and implement processes and controls to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the accounting function.
- Lead and mentor a small team of accounting professionals to ensure they are meeting performance expectations and achieving their professional development goals.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Timely and Accurate Financial Reporting: The Fund Accounting Manager must ensure that financial statements and related reports for the investment funds are prepared accurately and in a timely manner, according to accounting standards and company policies. This includes ensuring that all necessary disclosures and notes are included, and that the reports are distributed to investors in a timely manner.
- Compliance and Risk Management: The Fund Accounting Manager must ensure that the investment funds are in compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements, and company policies and procedures. This includes managing the annual audit process, implementing and monitoring internal controls, and identifying and addressing potential risks that could impact the financial performance of the investment funds.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in the real estate industry, including experience with real estate investment funds.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of US GAAP.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.