Our client is a small but very robust ($6B AUM) commercial real estate company. They are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join their family-owned real estate company that invests in and manages industrial properties. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting skills, attention to detail, and experience managing a small accounting team.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
- Small company and accounting department allows you to take full ownership of this role.
- Reporting to the CFO, you'll gain excellent knowledge and experience from his leadership/mentorship.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be a key member of the team implementing effective accounting practices and strategic planning ensuring high-quality reporting.
- Review bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Record journal entries as needed to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and oversee the recording of distributions from properties.
- Manage corporate accounting, including journal entries and accounts payable.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for all properties.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to support business decision-making.
- Manage and develop a small accounting team
- Support the CFO in budgeting and planning; financial statements, analyses, comparisons to gauge performance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including at least 2 years in a managerial role
- Strong technical accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with real estate accounting
- Experience with Yardi preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills