Our client holds a prominent position in the global real estate investments arena and is deeply committed to offering sustainable investment solutions. With a reputation as a reliable partner for investors worldwide, they are known for their comprehensive approach, encompassing various asset categories, geographies, risk profiles, and execution formats. They are looking for a Senior Director of Finance reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
What Makes this Opportunity Awesome:
- In this role, you'll be the vital bridge between executive management and financial strategy.
- Partnering with the CIO, President, and CFO, you'll direct forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning, while leading cutting edge initiatives.
- Your visionary insights will help to empower the Company to thrive in a rapidly evolving landscape.
Key Performance Objectives:
These objectives focus on the core responsibilities and desired outcomes of the position, ensuring alignment with the organization's broader goals and strategies.
Financial Strategy Mastery: Develop and execute a comprehensive financial strategy that aligns with company goals, driving efficient budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning processes. Provide actionable insights to executive management for informed decision-making.
Operational Collaboration and Impact: Foster a strong collaboration with the Operations team to support new product approvals, launch strategies, and efficiency enhancements. Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and growth acceleration.
Quality Reporting and Analysis: Elevate the quality of financial reporting and analysis, ensuring accurate and insightful presentations of monthly results to senior finance management and business leaders. Spearhead special projects to advance financial analysis methods and reporting standards.
Strategic Innovation and Business Impact: Drive strategic initiatives that enhance the company's competitive position and financial performance. Develop innovative solutions for complex challenges, make recommendations with substantial impact, and contribute to the company's long-term growth trajectory.
Talent Development and Leadership: Cultivate a high-performing team by assessing staffing needs, providing development opportunities, and mentoring staff members. Lead by example, instill company values, and create an environment that encourages continuous learning and growth.
The successful candidate will be a decisive leader with a deep grasp of procedures, policies, and business practices. Your judgment shapes outcomes, impacting the company's trajectory and success. Your primary mission is to steer financial operations toward success. This includes setting direction, guiding budgeting and forecasting processes, and providing strategic insights. Collaborating closely with Operations, you'll help launch new products, uncover efficiencies, and support growth initiatives.
- Set the company's financial direction, communicating actionable steps for achieving financial goals.
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning processes, ensuring timely execution.
- Collaborate with Operations for new product approvals, strategic analytics, and efficiency enhancements.
- Provide comprehensive insights into monthly results to senior finance management and business leaders.
- Lead special projects to elevate financial analysis and reporting quality.
- Develop and mentor staff, aligning team capabilities with departmental needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, business partners and management
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents, and communicate this information to key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively interact with management, employees, consultants, etc. and respond effectively to the most sensitive issues
- Ability to motivate and work collaboratively with business partners, key employees, top management, and client groups on various projects
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with at least five years in management
- Public accounting experience preferred. Big 4 experience a plus
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage complex and shifting priorities
- Profound understanding of financial terms, principles, and GAAP; ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative solutions
- Expert problem-solving skills; strategic thinker with a proven track record in a dynamic sales environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with financial systems (OneStream, PeopleSoft, Cognos)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability and strong work ethic