We are looking for a Director of Payroll to supervise a team of managers and staff of payroll and benefits professionals for a growing unionized construction firm with multi entity, multi-state and multi-national operations.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing construction company centered in the Bay Area! This opportunity comes with a competitive salary and hybrid environment!
- Supervise and provide guidance and leadership to the field payroll manager and office payroll manager.
- Ensure that payroll is paid in compliance with all Federal, State, possession or other jurisdictions tax and labor law requirements.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of certified payrolls, union fringe benefit reports, as well as craft and office payrolls.
- Collaborate with HR to assure accurate data, streamline processes, identify integration opportunities, and provide effective communications.
- Work closely with the controller, assistant controller, operations and HR in 1) understanding issues when the Company begins work in new geographical areas; 2) work closely with HR on tax issues related to per diems, relocation expenses, recruitment, and other traveling and relocation benefits; 3) changes to existing law.
- Participate and understand in the maintenance, internal and external communication and day to day operations of the 401(k) and ESOP.
- Engage with IT in the development of reports and the resolution of issues with Oracle. Participate in any implementation, development and migration of ERP when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a payroll and/or benefits position for a union employer with multi entity, multi-state and multi-national operations.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
- Critical thinker and strong analytical skills
- Understanding of collective bargaining agreements, preferably with a multi union entity
- Understanding of qualified retirement plans including union, 401(k) and ESOP
- Prior experience in global mobility
- Strong understanding of per diem, travel, and moving expenses and other benefits associated with a growing entity and changing footprint
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others