Send this job to your inbox!
Reports To: Engineering Manager
I. SUMMARY:The Industrial Engineer should be able to aid in the design, develop, test and evaluate systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, inventory control, logistics, and material flow. Responsible for heavy input with design, maintenance, and continuous improvement.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Additional duties as needed and assigned.
· Designs, redesigns, or enhances work areas and layouts so that awkward or uncomfortable positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations are reduced or eliminated.
· Coordinate and facilitate continuous improvement actions via action items in various systems
· Aid in the development of manufacturing methods, labor utilization to insure efficient staff and plant utilization.
· Assist in the building of 5S equipment and creation of work cells to illustrate maximum efficiency
· Testing and review operations sequence, material flow and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
· Participates and recommends methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, utilities, and special projects
· Implement methods and procedures for defective material or damaged parts
· Implements methods and modifications to reduce production costs
· Maintains knowledge of best practices in manufacturing methods, and trends and developments in technology and equipment; applies this knowledge to maintain the organizations competitive edge.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· May assist with supervision of technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology, applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment design
· Knowledge of raw materials and production processes.
V. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Employee must have working knowledge of manufacturing environment. Must be self-motivated and possess well developed leadership skills.
· 1-2 years in Industrial, Mechanical or related field
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.
VI. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets basic instructions and required documents. Has the ability to respond and communicate complicated instruction and basic directions.
VII. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic mathematics.
· Mathematics—knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics and how they apply
VIII. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to apply principles of logic to duties and responsibilities
IX. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is required to stand, walk, lift, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Requires the ability to stand and walk up to 6-8 hours per day.
· Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 50 pounds
· Occasionally rotate shifts for studies and training of new processes.
X. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Normal amount of sitting and standing, above average mobility to move around an office and plant environment, able to conduct normal amount of work on a computer.
· Management team and production staff.
· May also work with vendors and suppliers.