Send this job to your inbox!
Our client is a leading family-owned German injection molding company which manufactures components and tools for the automotive industry.
With 120 employees in the US and a global presence of 7 locations with 1,300 employees, they are consistent with investment in research and development and creating the conditions required to meet the expanding needs of its customers.
The Project Manager will be based at the plant near Richmond, VA. You will be the liaison between the plant, German HQ and the customer.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years’ experience with automotive launch activities, preferably with German OEMs.
Relocation support is available as well as corporate housing if preferred.
(Reports to CEO)
Responsible for strategizing and supervising projects to guarantee their timely and budget-conscious completion. Additionally, the Project Manager will allocate project resources, create budgets, monitor progress, and maintain regular updates for management throughout the entire process.
· Determine and define project scope and objectives.
· Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
· Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
· Track project costs in order to meet budget.
· Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
· Provide project updates on a consistent basis to management about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
· Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
· Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
· Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
· Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
· Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
· Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
· Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
· Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office products.
· Thinking outside the box, and hands on mentality.
· Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, or a related field.
· 3-8 years of project management and related experience.
· Launch experience is preferred
· German language skills are highly desired