Our client is an International Manufacturer and Solutions provider. They are well-established yet growing and transforming to meet important needs across the globe.
This is fully remote and working with a great company and audit team. This person will come in as a Senior but be promoted to Lead within a few months of hire and have up to 2 direct reports. (We are not looking for an IT Auditor)
We are looking for 5+ years of experience in internal audit with some of that time working within a manufacturing environment. We really need operational audit experience and understanding, as well as financial audit experience. Experience with SAP is required. Demonstrated ability to work well with various levels of an organization.
Travel mostly in US/Canada/Mexico with some additional international travel as needed. Travel can be up to 30%.
The Senior-to-Lead Internal Auditor will identify audit findings, prepare business focused recommendations, present audit results to local management and prepare audit reports for distribution. Primary areas of responsibility will be the USA/Canada/Mexico manufacturing plants, accounting operations and related R&D facilities.
Internal Audit Competencies:
- Data gathering and report writing
- Ability to independently scope, plan, conduct and report on high-risk audits.
- Develop and design tests of internal controls related to specific manufacturing operations in support of the annual audit plan and company goals and objectives.
- Perform audit testing including interviews, data extract and analysis, process design assessment and evaluation of internal control efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare audit findings and recommendations and present them to process owners.
- Assist management in the preparation of their remediation activities.
- Track and follow-up on the implementation of recommendations and action plans resulting from audits.
- Contribute to the creation and monitoring of audit and operational
Key Performance Indicators.
- Staff supervision
- Coach and mentor junior staff
- Review audit workpapers and, when needed, direct audit activities of junior staff
- IIA Compliance
- Execute responsibilities in accordance the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and in compliance with the Ethical standards of the internal audit profession.
Other Job Competencies
- Customer Orientation
- Ability to work closely with process owners to understand audit issues and process improvements.
- Ability of how to align customer needs and satisfaction with company strategic objectives.
- Ability to contribute to creating customized customer solutions.
- Ability to work in diverse cultural environments.
- Effective Communication/Teamwork
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive and interpret ideas, information through appropriate communication.
- Enjoys working in team/collaborative environments.
- Decision Making
- Ability to analyze situations fully, accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Ability to effectively use time and resources to get things done.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (can be a combination of Internal Audit and other accounting experience).
- SAP experience is required
- Manufacturing and Operational Audit required
- Highly proficient Microsoft Excel and Access skills.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting controls.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
Additional Skills (preferred):
- Business Analytics / Data Analysis
- ACL, IDEA
- CPA, CIA, CFE or other relevant certification/or progress toward completion
- Bilingual (Spanish) is helpful