Our client in the education space is looking to bring on a full time Payroll Operations Manager. This person is responsible for assisting and supporting the Controller in supervising the operations of providing timely and accurate payroll. This is a great opportunity to work for a large school in the education space. They are offering great benefits and looking to hire someone right away!
- Directs/managers all payroll functions for the school.
- Provides ongoing support, training, and supervision of staff.
- Work closely with the VP of Finance to ensure timely and accurate payments of salaries, options, bonuses, etc
- Responsible for the maintenance, accuracy, and completeness of all payroll records
- Process special payrolls as needed
- Responsible for the review, audit, and completion of all payroll records
- Test system upgrades for campus payroll systems
- Performs various auditing procedures to ensure accurate daily monthly and year end reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years’ experience in payroll field
- Background in higher education highly preferred
- Experience with Ellucian Banner or Colleague payroll a plus
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask with proven organizational and time management skills
- Experience adhering to internal control processes, use of judgment and analytical skills to resolve issues as they arise, and ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.