Send this job to your inbox!
Sr. Systems Administrator
Upper Sandusky, OhioCompetitive salary, depending on education and years of experience, and benefits day one of employment!
● Collaborate with all IT staff to implement robust, reliable and scalable infrastructure, security and end user systems that will advance the IT strategy.
● Participate in planning and and managing timelines for a variety of projects, which includes but not limited to:
○ Lifecycle systems replacement projects (physical hosts/servers, SAN’s, switches, access points, other networking equipment, Server OS updates and upgrades, end user software etc.)
○ New site implementation projects
○ Security and vulnerability projects
○ New systems and other emerging technologies projects
● Responsible, along with the team, to maintain uptime of critical systems.
● Will work closely with business stakeholders to gather requirements to be used for the creation of future plans and strategy for these projects.
● Will perform general maintenance of the infrastructure, including servers, patching, server set-ups, VMWare etc.
● Will provide level-2 and level-3 support for servers, host systems, voice, data, automation, security, storage networks, cloud systems and domain management. There is an after hours call rotation.
● Look for areas of improvement and develop proposals recommending solutions using performance benchmarks, data and critical analysis.
● Mentor junior team members and cross-train other IT members.
● Have the opportunity to learn and develop skills in other areas, such as Cisco DNA center, and monitor industry trends that make sense for the company.
● Some travel, one to two weeks per year mainly to other existing sites, and new site set-ups.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. A high school diploma and equivalent work experience will be considered.
● At least three years of experience in a similar IT infrastructure role.
● Experience managing timelines for IT Infrastructure projects.
● Experience managing a Windows Server environment.
● Experience with Virtualization; VMWare a plus.
● Basic understanding of networking concepts, configuration and command line basics, with Cisco experience preferred.
● Experience writing basic SQL statements for queries, stored procedures, triggers.
● Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
● Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
● Ability to be in the on-call support rotation one week every six weeks.