Production Supervisor - With opportunity for Growth! Bluffton, Ohio area
Salary up to 85K depending on years of experience
Tired of working a job that can not offer you a future? 😴 Here is YOUR opportunity for a position with advancement opportunity at a company investing in their facility!
YOU are ready for the next step, right?
- Since the company is investing in their plant, YOU will feel more stable in this role
- If YOU have strong scheduling abilities, that will make this job even easier
- The company has added business, is improving the plant and continues to grow in diverse business sectors
YOU will oversee first shift that works Monday-Friday with minimal weekends - YOU will have a life working this job!
We will make it easy for you! Apply today so that we can lead you through the interview and hiring process! There is NEVER a cost to utilize our services!
A profitable company with a diverse customer base is hiring a Production Supervisor to lead their operations team! This is a 1st shift position that works Monday-Friday, oversees 20 people, and will report to the General Manager. Daily you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Scheduling daily production and monitoring projects through the shop floor and multiple production areas
- Training, coaching, mentoring and evaluating the hourly workforce
- Ensuring shift safety, quality and delivery goals are met
- Maintaining current inventory, ensuring inventory is onsite for scheduled projects and monitoring work in process
- Assigning projects to department areas and determining manufacturability
- Reviewing and confirming shift paperwork and production numbers
- Communicating with customers on the status of projects, including occasional onsite visits with customers
- Entering information into the company ERP system
- Working closely with quality to complete final inspection of projects
- Attending meetings with the owner and General Manager to discuss production, scheduling, inventory, etc.
- Fostering an environment focused on continuous improvement and scrap reduction, including 5S, scrap reductions, cost savings, etc.
- Driving forklift as needed to support floor activity
- Confirming timesheets, vacations and time off within the timekeeping system
- Other duties as directed by management
This is a hands-on position that requires qualified candidates to be on the production floor up to 80% of their day. Candidates should enjoy leading others and holding people accountable, have attention to detail, work well within a team environment and have excellent communication skills. Strengths should include strong troubleshooting. You will communicate regularly with customers on the status of their projects. The company offers medical, dental and vision benefits to the employee, paid holidays, 401K, short term disability, life insurance, vacation and bonus potential. REQUIREMENTS for the Production Supervisor:1. Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with at least two years of production supervision experience 2. Experience overseeing others in a manufacturing environment
3. Experience overseeing at least 15-20 people at a time
4. Mechanical aptitude
5. Willing to drive a forklift on an as needed basis
6. Microsoft Office experience, including BASIC Excel skills Skills preferred but NOT required:1. Production scheduling experience 2. ERP experience 3. Low volume, high mix experience
4. Non-union supervision
Reasons to work for this organization:1. You will be groomed for the next step of your career
2. Core hours are Monday-Friday 1st shift, with minimal weekends 3. The company has invested over a million dollars recently into their manufacturing site 4. The opportunity to learn a new process
5. NO bureaucracy, communicate with the owners daily
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Bluffton, OH area. production supervisor, area manager, area supervisor, manufacturing supervisor, manufacturing coordinator, team leader, production coordinator, operations supervisor, shift superintendent, scheduler, master scheduler, planner, production planner