Mechanical Design Engineer (Entry Level)Sandusky, Ohio
Starting salary up to $68K, depending on co-op and internship experience, plus bonus potential and excellent 401K!
Just graduating? Seeking a Design Engineering position in North Central Ohio? Search no more...your future starts here!
⚙️ Ready for your first design engineering position? You will work with a team of engineers who will coach you along and aid in your development.
⚙️ Don't start your career at a stagnant, unstable employer! Growth has been the history of this site since 2016; they have doubled their sales!
⚙️ Grab your lunch daily in their new cafe/self-vending area!
⚙️ Be eager to go to work every day in the updated office space where it is bright and well lit.
⚙️ Enjoy the summer hot spot (since you will NEVER work a Saturday or Sunday) near Lake Erie and Cedar Point and enjoy Sandusky's renovated and energized downtown area!
We will make it easy for you! Apply today so that we can lead you through the interview and hiring process! There is NEVER a cost to utilize our services!
Due to a promotion, a profitable, growing manufacturer is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to work within a cohesive team of engineering professionals. You will report to the Design Engineering Manager, who was originally hired as an Intern with the company! Daily you will be responsible for the following:
- Utilize Solid Edge to design mechanical-related parts, components and assemblies
- Partner with production to determine manufacturability of products
- Determine tolerances and measurements of components
- Complete all final detailing on design projects
- Oversee and manage 8-10 design projects at a time, including managing timelines and ensuring the project is within budget
- Review customer designs packets to prepare for projects
- Communicate with the tooling design department
- Partner with manufacturing and quality on quality issues and work to eliminate scrap and improve processes
- Focus on long-term projects and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Communicate with customers on technical issues of the design
- Other duties as directed by management
This is a great opportunity to work for a stable, profitable, financially sound manufacturer and improve and develop your design engineering skills! Candidates should enjoy be entrepreneurial, enjoy taking ownership of projects, able to work in team environments and independently, have a strong work ethic, good time management skills and excellent problem solving and analysis skills. Individuals should feel comfortable going on the manufacturing floor up to 20% of their week and be able to communicate at all levels. Benefits include 144 hours of annual PTO, bonus potential, medical, dental, vision (all day one of employment) and 401K. REQUIREMENTS for the Mechanical Design Engineer (Entry level):1. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technologies 2. Ideally one to two internships or co-ops3. Exposure to manufacturing environments
4. 3D modeling skills
5. The desire to work in a mechanical design related position
6. Microsoft Office, including strong MS Excel skills Skills preferred but NOT required:1. Machining and/or welding exposure2. Strong mechanical aptitude
3. Solid Edge
4. Exposure to an ERP system
5. Experience with calipers and/or micrometers
Reasons to work for this company:1. Very competitive benefits, including bonus potential
2. The company is financially sound and profitable
3. Non-automotive, non-union company
4. Diverse business mix
5. Updated office space
6. Excellent tenure among salary staff
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Sandusky, OH area. There is not a relocation package at this time.
design engineer, drafter, detailer, designer, mechanical designer, mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technologies, 3d, 2d, solidworks, solid edge, catia, unigraphics, inventor, autocad