POSITION: Sales Manager
JOB LOCATION: Home Office / Remote – DACH Region
TRAVEL: 50% (Primarily by car, occasionally by plane)
Fieldpiece, a global manufacturer of professional-grade tools for the HVACR industry, is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial Sales Manager (DACH) to ensure that sales quotas and targets are achieved within the region. They will propose actions to improve sales processes that result in positive sales results, market share growth, and customer satisfaction. The right candidate will have experience visiting distributors and ensuring SKU penetration across all customers. They will be key in ensuring the quality of the company’s products, marketing, and other displays. The Sales Manager reports to the Sales Director and has three direct reports within field sales.
- Leading the Fieldpiece DACH field sales team to meet sales quotas in alignment with company culture
- Generating and developing new business to meet sales goals through the field sales team, distributors, and contractors
- Visiting product users in the field to train and educate on company products with the intent of converting to sales
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of company products (usage, functionality, etc.)
- Nurturing and expanding existing customer relationships while developing new ones in the field
- Regularly assessing and developing independent sales reps to ensure they meet expectations
- Guiding sales reps on corrective actions for improvement or sustainability
- Regularly communicating information regarding company products, services, and policies to new and existing customers
- Responding to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Gathering competitive data within the region, industry, and business climate; communicating information to leadership
- Adhering to company procedures and values to provide an accurate representation of the company to clients
- Providing status on accounts, behaviors, and transactions within the CRM system
- Traveling to retail locations while acting as corporate liaison; attending and participating in business and trade events
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business-to-business (B2B) field sales with formal field sales training strongly desired
- Exceptional sales-related analytical skills and ability to calculate figures for discounts, interest, commissions, etc.
- A self-starter who is entrepreneurial and proactive, with a high level of ethics and honesty
- Able to make successful presentations to individuals and groups; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to learn and become proficient with ERP and other business systems
- Organizational skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong English and German language skills
Lean Focus LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
At Lean Focus, we help businesses overcome their biggest challenges by transforming them for the better, and for the long-term. A "who's who" of global leaders in every industry, our clients include some of the world's most respected brands and several members of the Fortune 1000.