Our well-known American company has a brand-new office in the Tokyo business district. Very near public transportation, etc. The position reports to the International Controller in the USA. They are growing very quickly in Japan right now and need someone who can handle accounting and people management as they continue to grow.
Finance and HR Manager - Tokyo
Salary is flexible and roughly 12mm to 14mm JPY plus 12-15% bonus.
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling career journey in the heart of Tokyo, Japan? We're seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Finance and HR Manager to join our team and be part of an evolving, global organization. As we bid farewell to some of our talented team members, we're expanding our responsibilities to include Payroll Calculation, Social/Labor Insurance management, and IT liaison duties.
• Take charge of the entire process of monthly/quarterly/annual closing and reporting to our Headquarters.
• Conduct precise income statement and balance sheet reconciliation, always delivering results promptly.
• Keep a watchful eye on cash flow, providing essential cash projections.
• Dive into monthly/quarterly/annual Profit & Loss variance reviews and analysis, ensuring nothing escapes your keen scrutiny.
• Collaborate with Corporate and the General Manager in crafting budgets and conducting insightful budget analysis.
• Become the guardian of expense control, PR/PO management, and budget requests to maintain financial harmony.
• Uphold rigorous internal controls and SOX compliance in accordance with corporate policies.
• Provide invaluable financial insights to local management and HQ, empowering them to make informed decisions.
• Optimize workflow and efficiency, upgrading processes when necessary for enhanced productivity.
• Team up with our Corporate office to resolve existing and potential customs/duties issues.
• Tackle monthly and yearly tax compliance, including Consumption tax, income tax, and more.
• Handle local audits for statutory reporting and potential requests at the consolidated audit level.
Human Capital Maestro:
• Offer unwavering support to local management for HR strategy and planning, including recruiting, organizational development, performance management, C&B, payroll management, and work policies.
• Serve as the go-to resource for management and employees, offering expert human resources advice.
• Lead the way in managing the hiring plan, headcount, and people cost, always striving for optimal organization and job assignments.
• Ensure full compliance with HR-related legal requirements, adeptly managing any arguments, disputes, and conflicts.
• Create an environment where employees thrive, enhancing their productivity and motivation.
• Be the driving force behind our HR department, keeping it in alignment with our ever-evolving goals and objectives.
• Be part of a vibrant and diverse team in the bustling metropolis of Tokyo.
• Collaborate with colleagues from around the world, contributing to our global success story.
• Continuous opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic work environment.
• Competitive compensation and benefits package.
• A chance to leave a lasting impact on the company's financial and human resources landscape.
• Experience in a MLM (Multi-level marketing) organization or network marketing or pyramid selling organization would be helpful but not required.
• Proven experience in financial management, ideally in an international setting.
• Expertise in HR management and compliance with Japanese labor laws.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Fluency in English and Japanese.
If you're ready to embark on an exhilarating career journey that combines finance and HR in the vibrant city of Tokyo, Japan, then we want to hear from you! Join us and be part of a team that's shaping the future of our organization.