This company is growing and looking to add a Senior Product Engineer with industrial freezer and refrigeration design experience to their engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for new Chiller product designs and lead the projects from beginning to the end.
The key to this position is to have actual experience in industrial freezer and refrigeration design. They are not looking for other HVAC related experience.
FULLY REMOTE! The company headquarters' is in Canada, but you can work ANYWHERE in the US or Canada as it is fully remote with occasional visits to Montreal to visit the production and manufacturing facilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that loves what they do, design new products not just pick and place but use their experience and creativity to design world beating products. The role has very good visibility in the company as well as with clients. The company promotes from within as much as is possible, so further growth and development is very real.
With the support of the product development team, the Senior Product Engineer will be responsible to meet all market requirements for the product and ensure successful implementation of the idea into company's product line.
- Senior Product Engineer (SPE) will use industry knowledge to come up with unique chiller and refrigeration ideas and concepts
- Coordinates with the product development team to finalize product ideas
- Works with the product development team to meet project deadlines
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure component quality and availability.
- Works closely with marketing, sales, and production to determine the cost feasibility of the project
- Generate technical documentation to support marketing and sales
- Create prototypes, testing and evaluation of the product ideas.
- Carrying out engineering calculations and simulations to ensure compliant component selection and specification.
- Maintaining the integrity of design assets through PDM product data management system.
- Create and present technical data for the sales and representative network
- Other duties as required.
What are we looking for in a Senior Product engineer?
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree is required in Mechanical or related Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in chiller manufacturing or HVAC manufacturing experience.
- Project leader who demonstrates passion for product development and who requires minimum supervision
- Team player who can work well with other disciplines
- The ability to multi-task and be organized is crucial for this role
- Experience with 3D modelling software. Autodesk Inventor or solid works is highly preferred, however, candidates familiar with other software will be considered.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) is required
- Familiarity with ASHRAE/ANSI/ASME codes and design requirements is an asset
- Familiarity with HVAC controls systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with electrical systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with heat, cooling, refrigeration systems and ventilation systems is preferred.
This is a remote position with the requirement for periodic visits to the Montreal manufacturing facility (as required). Costs for the visits will be covered by the company.