We are looking an Accounting Manager with a minimum of 7 years accounting experience in a growing construction company. Fast Growing organization with an opportunity for regional leadership!
The Accounting Manager position requires GAAP knowledge, strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent attention to detail in a deadline driven environment. In this role, the Accounting Manager can be fully remote or have a hybrid working schedule.
Responsibilities and skills:
• Responsible for managing the accounting functions associated with general ledger and sub-ledger maintenance, including account reconciliations, journal entries and transactional analysis
• Have ownership over the monthly financial reporting package, including GL account reconciliations and month-end close journal entries
• Provide explanations to management regarding results, including revenue actuals and projections, margins on installation and service jobs, and operating costs.
• Oversee the preparation of the bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and records cash transactions in the database.
• Partners with operations to review active construction jobs and service contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition based on the percentage of completion method. Update forecasts and estimates monthly.
• Oversee collection process and work with operations to ensure company remains in a cash positive position. Manage timing of payable accordingly.
• Ensures sales tax returns are prepared and filed in the proper jurisdictions. Ensures tax rates and tax schedules in the system are accurate and are reflective of current state laws and customer requirements.
• Review & approve weekly payroll and monthly union reporting.
Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience.
• Recent experience with Great Plains is a plus.
• Intercompany experience.
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting