Our client is an international logistics company that provides delivery services from a large number of countries, including South Korea to Ukraine. This is a new position and the main goal is to build a reliable logistic chain for (B2C mainly) for delivery of goods from South Korea to Ukraine. Relocation worldwide is possible, but only with previous experience in South Korea. They would seriously consider someone from Ukraine too, if you have knowledge of the South Korean logistics market.
The firm is looking for a Korean Business Development Manager to set up an entity and develop business in Seoul, South Korea.
Main responsibilities: operational set up of company's business activities: search, purchase, warehousing and delivery of demanded goods from Korea to Ukraine for private and business clients.
Initial responsibilities: in cooperation with related departments to maintain the procedure of buying, warehousing and order processing (consolidation, checking, packing, photo, etc.) and further shipment of Customers orders from South Korea to Ukraine.
- Experience in logistics, international shipments from Korea.
- Experience in buying of goods in Korean marketplaces, knowledge of specifics, rules, exceptions, payment security guarantees, etc.
- Optional - experience in warehouse processes: consolidation, inspection of goods, packaging, preparation for export, etc.
Good to have:
- Experience in analyzing and selecting marketplaces for new products/ goods/ services, integration with marketplaces, integration with delivery services, pricing and budgeting;
- Fluency in English, Korean;
Why is This a Great Opportunity
The company is stable, one of the leaders in the market. The BDM is a key position with a great opportunity of further promotion to Director's role but with a “start up” approach in early stages of a business set-up. Salary level is discussible, as well as other benefits. Operational experience is more important than managerial, as company is open for young ambitious candidates too.