The Process/Project Engineer II is responsible for executing new capital projects and troubleshooting existing processes in the Riceboro and satellite facilities. The Process/Project Engineer II will be responsible for ensuring that their assigned projects are being completed on time and within the budget. These projects will range from minor facility maintenance projects to leading $2.5MM capital improvement projects. This position reports to a Lead Process/Project Engineer.
- Solving process issues through data analysis, experimentation, andcollaboration.
- Support multiple concurrent projects by acting as the processengineer, project engineer, or both.
- Troubleshoot DCS and PLC issues and create a control narrative forprocess changes.
- Create and maintain project documents (scope of works, budgets,vendor documents, etc.).
- Develop/refine the scope of works for new and existing projects.
- Develop budget estimates for new projects.
- Develop project schedules.
- Develop equipment specifications and become knowledgeable on theequipment necessary for each project.
- Manage project resources (employees, contractors, consultants, etc.)to keep the project on target.
- Participate in PHA/HAZOP and other regulatory activities.
- Participate in project commissioning activities and providetechnical support to ensure project goals are met.
- Provide regular project updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 3 -6 years of related experience in engineering design of chemicalplants or working as an engineer in a chemical manufacturingenvironment.
- 3+ years of experience working in an RMP and PSM environment.
- Working knowledge of PHA, HAZOP, and MOCs.
- A practical understanding of electro-mechanical systems includingpneumatics and automated control systems would be ideal.
- Intermediate understanding of piping and equipment codes andchemical safety standards.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques. PMP preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Project and SAP preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills including anorientation to team development.
- Ability to understand chemical manufacturing processes,interpretation, and reading of blueprints and technical documents.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects. Technicallycompetent and knowledgeable of electro-mechanical systems includingpneumatics, automated control systems, and Distributive ControlSystems (DCS).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Accountable, confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highlymotivated, and self-starter with a high energy level that performswith the highest integrity. Hands-on, field-oriented, withinitiative and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry codes, product safetystandards, regulations, etc.
- Comfortable with moderate travel (25%).
Bachelor’s Degree Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.3 -6 years of related experience in engineering design of chemical plants or working as an engineer in a chemical manufacturing environment.3+ years of experience working in an RMP and PSM environment.Working knowledge of PHA, HAZOP, and MOCs.A practical understanding of electro-mechanical systems including pneumatics and automated control systems would be ideal.Intermediate understanding of piping and equipment codes and chemical safety standards.Solid understanding of project management techniques. PMP preferred.Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Project and SAP preferred.Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills including an orientation to team development.Ability to understand chemical manufacturing processes, interpretation, and reading of blueprints and technical documents.
Why is This a Great Opportunity
World leading specialty polymers company - multiple US sites. Great coastal GA location.